Forums

Help › Forums

Pro drivers better than Master

Wed, May 19 2010 10:31 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TurkishTerror
    2,177 Posts
    Mon, Apr 12 2010 5:55 AM

Why is the Ping Rapture so much better than the R9 and Ping Master Drivers.  I know it takes getting used to, but the forgiveness of the Rapture was so much easier to use. 

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Mon, Apr 12 2010 6:00 AM

Hitting the ball 20 yards less is the price you pay for the forgiveness and slow meter.

I'll take the extra 20 yards every single time.

But use whatever works for your game.

Cheers.

• TurkishTerror
    2,177 Posts
    Mon, Apr 12 2010 6:14 AM

yeah, but you move back on the t-box, and why not have a master driver with high forgiveness??

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Mon, Apr 12 2010 7:03 AM

That's a question best answered by WGT.

• Gloveberg
    55 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 2:35 AM

TurkishTerror:

yeah, but you move back on the t-box, and why not have a master driver with high forgiveness??

Because wouldn't that be an oxymoron?  Master = more difficult

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 3:10 AM

TurkishTerror:

because scoring in the mid - low 50's will be more attainable if masters have more forgiveness

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 1:28 AM

Masters in the real game dont play with game improvement clubs they use high risk high reward clubs go to your local pro shop and see for ure self

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 7:38 AM

chipshotcharlie:
    Masters in the real game dont play with game improvement clubs they use high risk high reward clubs

The discussion here is about drivers.  These are facts, not opinions.

From the Golf Channel "What's in the Bag" of:

Hunter Mahon - Ping Rapture V2 - PGA driving avg 284

Angel Cabrera - Ping Rapture 7.5 deg  - PGA driving avg 301 (2nd)

Mark Calchavecchia - Ping Rapture 7.5 deg - PGA driving avg 281

Miguel Angel Jimenez - Ping Rapture

My question to WGT is when will I be able to buy my own Ping Rapture 7.5, 275+yd driver??

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 2:23 PM

Are you kidding me?

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 3:12 PM

andyson:
    The discussion here is about drivers.  These are facts, not opinions.

Hunter Mahon - Ping Rapture V2 - PGA driving avg 284

Andy, although accurate when looking at the actual clubhead, it's a skewed outlook.  That doesn't take into account shaft properties and overall swing speed for those players.  For example, Hunter's swing speed is probably about 115+ mph.

It seems when a club is purchased here, there's more that goes into the meter than just an interpretation of the clubhead.  In purchasing the distance, you're also purchasing a faster swing speed and more margin for error.  I think its a decent model but not without flaws in interpretation.

I know you want a Master driver, but if they were to introduce one it should only max out around 260.    There has a be a decent advantage for the faster meter.  I would buy one though if it came with a virtual version of Hunter's girlfriend, Kandi Harris.  Not only is she a Dallas Cowboy's cheerleader and look good in a swimsuit, but she has been known be johnny on the spot for her man.  And let's face it, anytime you can date a girl named Kandi who isn't a stripper but still very hot, that's just a winning scenario.

But if you promise to make a new Adventures of Mr Avatar cartoon every month than you have my vote for WGT issue you, and you alone, a 275 yard output Rapture driver.

• PAGES
RSS