Help › Forums

For the RECORD

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 6 2010 12:20 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • smason77
    464 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2010 9:17 PM

I was a complete jerk on this form 10 days ago.

I can admit that.

I spent some time in the white padded cell.

I was banned for 9 days.

However in those nine days of being banned I was still able to play on WGT via the game client and practice rounds.

In that time my meter never jumped once.

The good people of WGT reactivated my account today.

I only attempted to play 4 rounds today.

I quit them all simply because my meter jumped sporadically and costed me several strokes.

Maybe i'm a whiner. Mayble i'm not. I do realize that letting the swing meter go only results in a practice swing.. but it does affect your psyche.

I hate to think that when I invest money in a game it only gets worse. That is not only bad business.. that is what I call anti-trust. Maybe i'm just a fool. Maybe everyone else knows everything and I know NOTHING. I'm not pointing any fingers. I'm just still on the fringe of loyalty. Who shall I trust? Who has a logical and definitive answer?

Still having meter issues. Worked fine on practice rounds while I was banned. Is there a problem with upgraded clubs that's causing the meter to jump  sporadically?

The first sycophant master that points me to the FAQ is getting a gourmet dinner of breaded and fried maggots.

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2010 11:49 PM

My meter is fine. I use Gamebooster and ignore previous hiccups. Sure it can be frustrating at times, but I don't see it as *this* big of a problem. I might curse a little afterwords, but what are these post for?

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2010 12:02 AM

Why did they let this fruitloop back in?  

Can you please ban him permanently before he creates more ridiculous threads and goes ballistic when his mummy forgets to pick up his Flintstone chewables again.  

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2010 5:13 AM

OaktheToke:

Why did they let this fruitloop back in?  

Can you please ban him permanently before he creates more ridiculous threads and goes ballistic when his mummy forgets to pick up his Flintstone chewables again.

It was a forthright admission of stupidity with sufficient humbling involved. Try accepting the apology, reading his legitimate concern and request for help and leave the incendiary wit behind. 

@smason-Frustration is ok (and typical) and ranting about it is fine, too, just temper it a bit.  I think you learned this and I'm here to push you over the "loyalty" hump. You said you didn't have problems while you were sitting in the corner as you were able to play  through the game client. Have you tried playing this way since you were reinstated to see if there's a difference? 

When in the main page of WGT instead of clicking Play Now to get to the game set up a bookmark for the game client in your toolbar. Then, when you want to play click that bookmark. It will close the main page and take you to the game. This way you only have one browser open and it may help. GL and welcome back.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2010 5:49 AM

Before ranting, you should definitely try and play the game so that no other webpage is open in that browser, except the gameplay window. You don't say you have tried this.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2010 9:09 AM

To YJ and Faterson's messages, I will simply echo Rehill's advice...

Gamebooster and no other windows.

This is the way I play and while I do have the occasional hiccup on the meter, it's solved by a practice swing.

It can be disconcerting... but as soon as I realize there's going to be an issue with any particular shot, I look away immediately until I hear the swing sounder.  No damage, really no delay, and it reinforces the way I play (badly) on the golf course.. I generally take a practice swing as it is.

And yes, it is frustrating to have a spasm right when your about to click.... but, hey, it happens to all of us.

As said above, welcome back, and remember when all is said and done that this is just a game.

Peace.

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2010 9:46 AM

YankeeJim:
    It was a forthright admission of stupidity with sufficient humbling involved. Try accepting the apology, reading his legitimate concern and request for help and leave the incendiary wit behind.

Spare me the melodrama Jim.  There was absolutely nothing forthright about his admission, just another paranoid attempt to throw blame at WGT.  You really need a reality check and should stop making things into something that they're not.  He started with a Chinese conspiracy, then went to antitrust violations and collusion, now he's going for the sympathetic marter.  Facts are facts, he needs to provide some or move on.  I'm not playing connect the dots with a paranoid schizophrenic just because he said "I'm sorry" before going on another rant.

You should try knowing what your talking about before picking a fight with me because trading words with me is like throwing a spitwad at a tank.  I typically research everything I do so when I post please assume that I've read everything he's written and I might possibly know more than you've read on the topic.

This is the last time I'm going to be congenial with you.  Next time the gloves come off.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2010 10:11 AM

By all means wreck the thread and make it personal there, Oak. Next thing it'll be a Yankee thing.

The word is forgive. Research it.

You got those  fried maggots ready yet, mason?

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2010 10:27 AM

Jim, you are the one that made it personal with me yet again, and this isn't the first time.  I'm refraining yet again from coming back at you with harsh words.   I'm not the one trying to wreck anything.

I'm simply pointing out that I'm through being nice to you when you act like a bag of douchenuts.  Next time I might feel like roasting your rump.  You make it real hard to act like an adult with your Romper Room antics.  If you don't like me than just don't reply to me.  Stop picking a fight.  I might feel like swinging back sooner or later.

And if you'd really like to make things personal, I might be in your next of the woods in July, I'd be happy to meet up with you and throw you a beating the likes of which you've never seen before.

Either choose your words wisely with me or don't choose them at all, capish?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2010 10:38 AM

OaktheToke:
    I might be in your next of the woods

What is the next of woods? Probably someplace where beatings take place, or at least threats. At 6'3", 240 lbs and strong like bull, I say bring it on. LOL.

Aint worth it, Oak. I just have a problem with judgmental types and don't feel it's right to scathingly lambaste someone without giving them the benefit of the doubt. The OP was sincere, IMO, and not giving him this is rather trite and passing judgment on it is, well, not your place.

OaktheToke:
    Next time I might feel like roasting your rump.

Give it your best shot.   :-D

• PAGES
RSS