Forums

Help › Forums

ball pricing

rated by 0 users
Mon, Apr 5 2010 11:25 AM (7 replies)
  • borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sun, Apr 4 2010 11:17 PM

Im not sure I understand the pricing of some of the balls. The tour sd ball starts at 65 credits. It has 2 spin 2 distance 0 feel and 1 1/2 durablity. The tour gi-sd starts at 112 credits it has 2 spin 2 distance 1 feel and 1 durability. The only difference is 1 feel and a loss of 1/2 on the durability. So why are the tour gi-sd priced almost twice as much as the Tour sd?

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sun, Apr 4 2010 11:41 PM

borntobesting:
    So why are the tour gi-sd priced almost twice as much as the Tour sd?

Feel.  GI-series ball have the additional benefit of slowing down the meter. ;-)

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2010 12:15 AM

personally I don't think that slowing down the meter is that big a deal. However I might if i ever make master and get master clubs with the faster meter. But I am hoping by the time I do make master if I ever do there will be master Raptures.

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2010 4:13 AM

borntobesting:

personally I don't think that slowing down the meter is that big a deal. However I might if i ever make master and get master clubs with the faster meter. But I am hoping by the time I do make master if I ever do there will be master Raptures.

For myself it's a major deal. There is no way I could ever hit the G-10's with any consistency without the GI-SD ball. Habitual virtual fingerlagger issues.  In my opinion WGT needs to start a senior tour meter for us older players, this way we can compete with those youngsters with the quick reflex's.

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2010 9:35 AM

salamii:

borntobesting:

For myself it's a major deal. There is no way I could ever hit the G-10's with any consistency without the GI-SD ball. Habitual virtual fingerlagger issues.  In my opinion WGT needs to start a senior tour meter for us older players, this way we can compete with those youngsters with the quick reflex's. 

Good idea man. At 63 I have noticed that ny reflexes have slowed down a lot.

Except for one thing. How would WGT know who is a senior? You could have some less that honest younger players claiming to be a senior using the senior meter and tearing up the course. I'm afraid it just wouldn't work.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2010 9:52 AM

borntobesting:
    Except for one thing. How would WGT know who is a senior?

Easy for Sal and I.. we could drive over and show them our AARP cards, right Sal?

LOL!

Full disclosure... I don't have an AARP card yet, soon though.. I was making a point.

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2010 10:56 AM

Snaike:

Easy for Sal and I.. we could drive over and show them our AARP cards, right Sal?

LOL!

All you have to due is fax over a copy of your birth certificate and be a certified member of the,  " Help Me, I Have Fallen and Can't Get Up Society of America"

lmao as usual

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2010 11:25 AM

borntobesting:
    Except for one thing. How would WGT know who is a senior? You could have some less that honest younger players claiming to be a senior using the senior meter and tearing up the course. I'm afraid it just wouldn't work

born, obviously I was just kidding. Sometimes I just throw stuff out there to get a reaction, stir up a lil back and forth.  Been to quiet in the forums lately.  Niv is in full control. LOL.

j/k

RSS