Forums

Help › Forums

DOUBLE EAGLE CLUB

Tue, Apr 30 2024 9:11 AM (1,091 replies)
  • WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Tue, Feb 19 2013 12:16 PM

JC,

TarheelsRule:

Since I have no qualifications to join the club I have no prejudice of anyone but only my two cents.  Let the WGT record show what it is and use that.  I would also suggest that  if you want to found a new club, then just ask people who have made double eagle to repost to a new thread and I 'm sure you will get everyone posting.

As the above poster has already said If you feel like you want to create some sort of club for DE's, and the interest is there, then you should carry on and create one. 

My own CC has an ongoing award for a DE that's only given for those shots recognised by WGT in ranked rounds:

(Click above image for full sized version)

Still only have this one thus far in my WGT 'career'.

Regards,

Johnny.

• oskarjoh
    793 Posts
    Tue, Feb 19 2013 2:24 PM

I got one few months ago. Its recorded in my profile

Oskarjoh

• jcgfree
    1,109 Posts
    Tue, Feb 19 2013 11:22 PM

TarheelsRule:

This is always a mixed bag.  The original intent was to recognize the double eagle but then leave out a few courses, only let the first 99 in, etc.

Frankly if you start to pick and choose this will never be done.   Why not make it so it has to be a ranked round from the Legend tees, why not eliminate the short par fours at STA, why not only Legends, etc.             In my mind if WGT recognizes it as a double eagle then that is good enough for me, if not then it shouldn't be recognized.

Thanks for the input TarheelsRule. I agree that it should be a ranked round and on any of the Stroke Play courses. But I would want to leave it open to all Tiers from their respective tee's. I know there are Multiacctounters and born again Legends, as I call them, but I wouldn't want to take away from someone less than a Legend that is an honest player of their tier.

I've already talked with Bolloxinbruges and Lobwedge who were President and VP. They are fine with me continuing on. I am just in a dilemma whether I want to do this or not. I was going to try and use the previous posts to continue this from #99. But some of the posts I would imagine don't have the replays anymore. I could always confirm the posts without a replay by looking at their profile. WGT isn't going to recognize it if it's not a stroke play ranked round. You bring up a good point. I could have people repost on a different thread. I was planning on starting a new thread for this anyway. But ones that have already posted may not see it until too late and get pissed that theirs was before so and so. But I know I'm not going to be able to please everyone. Specially here. lol  My biggest fear is to end up in a bunch of arguments with people or starting arguments between others. Not my intention. But again that is something that is inevitable here I guess. lol 

There will be a lot of work involved going through all the posts as I stated above. Will take some time. I've got a guy that is working on making the trophy that would be handed out. I've talked with Borntobesting and asked him if he wanted to be on a committee type panel that would look at the posts and deem them qualified or not. He seems to have a good head on his shoulder and seems fair, so I think he would be a good fit. I would like to have one more person as part of this committee, if there are any volunteers.

Thanks for the input guys and keep posting the Double Eagles here until this new one takes affect.

• jlucky3333
    1,215 Posts
    Tue, Feb 26 2013 2:20 PM

Got my first DOUBLE EAGLE at #14 St. Andrews from 272 yards. About time. LOL. Thanks for viewing.

Thanks, James

• PortsD
    534 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2013 4:29 AM

My second double eagle - this time in a RG at Cabo

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=71033e36-81c9-4a75-81cd-a17300cae7f8

• why9
    907 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2013 5:36 AM

id like play   here is my  albatross   hole in one hit off the master tee  hole # 9  @ st andy

• jiggsie
    478 Posts
    Mon, Mar 4 2013 9:12 AM

I shot a Double Eagle on hole # 2 on the Best of Famous course - the replay is on my profile page and listed in my stats - how do I get listed in the Double Eagle Club and recognition from WGT

Thank you

jiggsie

• ct690911
    7,201 Posts
    Mon, Mar 4 2013 9:59 AM

jiggsie:

I shot a Double Eagle on hole # 2 on the Best of Famous course - the replay is on my profile page and listed in my stats - how do I get listed in the Double Eagle Club and recognition from WGT

Thank you

jiggsie

Congratulations my friend from someone who has never made a dbl eagle...You are always a class act, win or lose, partner or opponent. Very well done !

• connorken
    643 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2013 8:32 PM

WGT Community, I am proud to have earned my way into the Double Eagle club!! It was on Number 9 at St. Andrews, It was a Hole In One and Double Eagle all in one package!! Tried to post it here but it is on my saved replays, should you want to verify. It was in a stroke play game and duly verified!!

Thanks, CK

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Sat, Mar 9 2013 1:58 PM

connorken:
    Tried to post it here

Help is here

RSS