Forums

Help › Forums

cc ownership

rated by 0 users
Sun, May 6 2012 2:23 PM (7 replies)
  • soonerbear2
    6 Posts
    Fri, May 4 2012 3:37 PM

i have just been given a cc and i Know nothing about running one.  can someone hlep me please....?? Soonerbear2

• JayInAtlanta
    1,770 Posts
    Fri, May 4 2012 8:06 PM

That's a pretty broad topic...any particular area of focus you want to start by learning?

• Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Sat, May 5 2012 4:03 PM

soonerbear2:

i have just been given a cc and i Know nothing about running one.  can someone hlep me please....?? Soonerbear2

It all depends how much time and effort you want to put in sb2, and how successful you want the club to be.

One important aspect of a good and successful club is for members to be active. 12 of your 14 members have played in the last week or so so that's good. Removing inactive members is never nice or easy but it has to be done.

As well as the members being active the club must be active as well. You'll probably find to begin with it's you who are setting up all the CC tournaments and posting in your forum, but you should encourage other members to create tournaments and be active in your forum as well.

Go on recruitment drives in the CC Corner in the main forum now and again to tell the community how good your club is and hopefully you'll attract more good members.

Encourage the members to advance up the tiers and congratulate them in your forum when they do.

Create some jobs in the club ie club secretary, greenkeeper, recruitment officer, entertainment officer, 2nd in command etc to promote a democracy not a dictatorship and help spread the load.

Everyone in the club should be friends and play with each other regularly to promote comradery and a sense of belonging . . . it also means members know they have people to play with that aren't going to quit on them. Setting up a wee tournament with another CC is a good way of promoting comradery as well.

Ensure all members are friendly and polite . . . and humble in victory and gracious in defeat (should have put this one first . . . absolutely vital for a smooth running CC).

The best of luck to you and any advice you need just ask :)

Cheers

Lobsterboy, Skipper (semi-retarded retired) LLCC

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Sun, May 6 2012 7:22 AM

If you search through this Topic you may find the thread I started a while back. I can not remember the exact name of it . I think it was - CC Suggestions / Ideas. You may find some useful ideas in that thread. Good Luck. 

• Hewsey
    1,957 Posts
    Sun, May 6 2012 7:35 AM

I have been handed one recently also. For me go into your CC  look all around at the  owners  tools , what they do etc.  Truth is you will only be as good as your CC members  IMO. One thing I would suggest is on the forum page write an open letter to all CC members ask them what they want  and take it from there. Poking around how to do all the things you need to do just takes a little  exploring on your part. Hope that helps

• cycle1979
    1,555 Posts
    Sun, May 6 2012 8:17 AM

Unless you are very motivated you may find owning a CC a bit overwhelming.  I suggest joining one of the bigger clubs that are already very organized and enjoy.  I'm partial to East Coast CC but there are a lot of good clubs out there.  After joining one.. if you feel you have the motivation to run one yourself it's quite simple to start one and you will have more experience at that point.

Good luck!

• labordayk
    389 Posts
    Sun, May 6 2012 11:14 AM

He's already got one cycle.

soonerbear2:

i have just been given a cc 

I was given a CC last year, but a larger one, and I had already been putting up tourneys, so it wasn't a huge transition.

The CC Owner really doesn't have a lot of powers.  You can accept members, delete members, and change the banner.  Beyond that, it's all up to you and the members.

A couple of notes -

Your club is limited to 10 Free Tournaments and 10 Premium Tournaments at any one time.  You cannot edit or delete tournaments, so triple check everything before creating.  Your tourney powers are the same as regular club members.

Not sure if this is limited to the Owner, but you can make Club Forum posts sticky to stay on top, and allow or not allow replies.

You're also allowed to make 1 thread here in the Country Club Corner to promote your club.

• cycle1979
    1,555 Posts
    Sun, May 6 2012 2:23 PM

I understand that.. my point was that if he had no clue how to run one, he may want to join one first to get some idea as to how some of the better clubs operate.  If then he was motivated enough to create one, he would have more knowledge as to how he'd like to run his own CC.

Secondly, being given a CC isn't much of a "gift", it's very easy to create one yourself if you are so inclined and motivated to do so.  I created East Coast CC myself a few years ago... grew it.. then gifted it to Maxwere.  I didn't have to time and knowledge as to how to bring the club to the next level.  Max has done an amazing job and has the club running on all cylinders!!  I highly recommend East Coast to anyone interested in one of the best run clubs on WGT!

RSS