Help › Forums

Re: new ideas for the pro shop to improve player performance

rated by 0 users
Tue, Mar 30 2010 5:00 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Thetruth67
    158 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2010 6:34 AM
    Like I said I agree with you and I too though the article was a good read. Since you mentioned golf balls, can you point me in the direction of some balls that add 20 yards to your drive and stick to the green like glue? Or do I have to wait til WGT actually starts producing the Tour GI-SD balls?
  • borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 6:39 AM

OaktheToke:

Thetruth67:
    But I thought I'd share this article I came across about the effects of golf shoes.  http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/1992/golfer-1202.html

MIT news:
    project-funded by Foot-Joy

Well, I wasn't expecting them to have results concluding anything but the intended goal, whether accurate or merely manipulated.  Thanks for the article though, good read.

Shoes may improve someone's performance.  Purists may argue that the perfect golf swing would perform smoothly even if hit barefoot.  Lord knows JD has tried.  

I think proper footwear has as much role in the golf swing as to give that player acceptable stability in performing said swing to its intended purposes.  No shoe will perform above and beyond the same level of stability that we're all intending to replicate on every sing shot.   For some it may be NIKE or FJ's lastest with Scorpion Stinger spikes.  To others, it may be a a pair of running or cross-training sneakers for comfort.  

For Ryan Moore, it's Puma C-Hoppers.  I'm guessing these wouldn't score too well in the MIT boys study.  LOL.

A golf ball effects every single shot one takes, including a putt.  Shoes and gloves do not.

speaking playing barefoot I think Sam Snead did once in a pga tourney was was told not to do it again.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 11:28 AM

borntobesting:
    speaking playing barefoot I think Sam Snead did once in a pga tourney was was told not to do it again.

What do Jim McMahon (1985 Bears QB) and Halle Berry (Sexiest Woman Alive) have in common?

They both play golf barefoot.

Go figure.

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2010 4:48 PM

ghettocop1:

Good idea, man.  Shoes that slow down the meter are a really good idea.  Performance suffers when using the meter slowing balls, I think.  I would definitely sink some money into new kicks!

Even better would be Lee Trevino Signature Shoes - Ideal for use as a Texas Wedge.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2010 5:00 PM

I think I'm going to have to agree with the TokeMeister... No, thank you.

There is already one EASports free golf game where the hat you're wearing can give you backspin, or some such... lol

• PAGES
RSS