Forums

Help › Forums

Re: what's going on, lock up

Mon, Feb 1 2010 7:37 PM (29 replies)
  • WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Sun, Jan 31 2010 4:53 PM

Hi haji, we will respond to you via email to try and figure out a solution.

• haji97071
    192 Posts
    Sun, Jan 31 2010 6:31 PM

well, i've done everything that you asked me to do, so far has cost me 200 credits on ready-go.

everytime i try to load any course, everything goes fine until the loading moniter gets to between 71 and 80 per cent.  at that point the loading bar freezes up.

please advise if ther is anything you can do from your end.  nothing i am doing that you suggested has done any good.

at one time i was able to get into a game that i finished, next try same thing and same thing since then.

thanks.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Jan 31 2010 6:32 PM

So which other browser did you try, Haji?

Also, when clearing the cache in Firefox, are you sure you selected the option Everything, and that the Cache tickbox is checked? By default, Firefox does not clear all of your cache, which may exactly be what is causing these issues for you.

• haji97071
    192 Posts
    Sun, Jan 31 2010 9:16 PM

after clearing the cookies and cache in firefox and deleating everything in adobe, many of the saved sites disappeared.  had to have a tech come out and reinstate some of our e-mail accounts to their former places on our computer, also saved sign-in's disappeared.

have done both firefox and adobe several times last night and this morning with no improvement in wgt.  every time the game freezes up in the same manner.

why, since i have been a member through several updates, am i having a problem this time.  your update was last wednesday, i did not have a problem with the game until late saturday, played several games saturday morning and no problem, only after saturday afternoon.

if i was going to have a problem, wouldn't it have been wednesday when the upgrade went into effect.

thanks.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Jan 31 2010 9:25 PM

haji97071:
    after clearing the cookies and cache in firefox and deleating everything in adobe, many of the saved sites disappeared.

Haji, I don't think we're on the same page here. Better wait for WGT staff to talk to you via e-mail.

You should not have "deleted everything in Adobe", whatever that's supposed to mean. The only thing you ever need to do regarding Flash, after every WGT product update, is to go to this page, and press the Delete All Sites button. That is all, and you should not do anything else regarding Flash. If you deleted things left and right instead, no wonder you may have messed up your computer.

Also, you haven't yet answered the 2 questions from my previous post. Those are essential trouble-shooting measures. (1: Have you tried a different browser to play the game? 2: Which options in clearing Firefox's cache did you select?)

haji97071:
    why, since i have been a member through several updates, am i having a problem this time. 

That happens! A problem with the cache may occur at any time. Does not have to be right after the update, can happen a few days later like it did for you. May also depend on which course or part of the course you were playing, or not, after Wednesday. Maybe you played a particular stretch of the course, or even a specific pin location, for the first time on Saturday. And there may be a corrupt file in your cache related to this specific location.

• haji97071
    192 Posts
    Sun, Jan 31 2010 10:27 PM

i went to the adobe manager setting and clicked delete all sites.

i honestly do not know how to set up and use another browser.  sorry, not at all computer literate.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Jan 31 2010 11:15 PM

Just go to the Google Chrome webpage, click on Download Google Chrome, and it will install automatically.

Then try to play this game in Chrome. Trust me, for some folks this worked. If the game is OK in Chrome for you, then this will mean there's something wrong with your Firefox cache.

As to clearing the Firefox cache, it would be useful to know exactly how you did it. The Firefox cache should be cleared like this:

• go to Tools menu
    • click Clear Recent History
    • in Time range to clear, switch to Everything (! – this is what many users forget to do)
    • click Details
    • from among all the tickboxes, select only Cookies and Cache
    • press the Clear Now button

Did you clear your Firefox cache in exactly this way? If not (if, for example, you did not select Everything), then your Firefox cache perhaps still is not completely cleared right now, which may be causing these problems for you.

• haji97071
    192 Posts
    Mon, Feb 1 2010 4:31 PM

everything is fine now, loaded chrome and game is working well.

thank you very much for all your help.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Feb 1 2010 4:34 PM

Hi haji, thanks for the update.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Feb 1 2010 7:37 PM

haji97071:
    everything is fine now, loaded chrome and game is working well.

That's nice to hear. This proves that the problem lies in your Firefox cache that (it appears) has not been completely cleared yet.

After the next WGT product update, you will need to clear the Chrome cache. Make sure you do it correctly:

• go to Chrome Options
    • go to the Personal Stuff card
    • click the Clear browsing data... button
    • select the options Empty the cache and Delete cookies
    • select Everything (!!!) for "Clear data from this period"
    • press the Clear Browsing Data button

If you don't do this properly after every WGT product update, you might run into this same issue later on in Chrome if the cache is not properly cleared after every product update. (Of course, Flash cache must also be cleared after every WGT product update.)

RSS