Help › Forums

Re: Advice on golf clubs(real world)

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jan 12 2012 6:44 PM (62 replies)
  • Kurtsbuford
    7,592 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2012 12:00 PM

GolferAlpha:
    So after playing WGT , i just got hooked onto golf . My granddad handed me some old old irons to hit , and after a few range visits , its starting to look good .

Now , i'm looking to get a full set of golf clubs so i can play a full hole game . Dont have to be the best , a cheap and good one that would last me long . Gonna use it for recreational rather than for competition . So , what club set do you recommend ?

LMAO guys,  look where this initial, rather innocent request has gone.  Cheers, fkg lol.

• gatordee
    281 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2012 2:06 PM

Ihatecheats:

Sinistem:

I don't care at all what the pros use,  too forgiving of clubs will make you lazy.  Pretty soon your game begins to deteriorate after your initial pseudo-success  and you won't even know what or why your swing doesn't work any more... then you'll begin the club buying cycle so cleverly engineered by the golf manufacturing industry and foisted on unwary golf consumers at large.

Yeah, if all you want to do is go out on the weekend  duffin' and drinkin' with friends( not that there's anything wrong with that) and you've no chance to practice, by all means get  some high handicap game improvers and go for it. They are heaven sent for that.

But if you want to get serious about  studying and learning the art of the human golf swing, get some blades.   Your first pured shot will tell you what golfs really about.

Sin

I have been a grade 1 golfer for over 20 years and I have only used cavity backed clubs, so they can't be all bad. You seem to have a type of inverted snobbery where if you don't use blades then somehow you don't know the game properly. I will leave it at that as your other replies in this thread are not worthy of further discussion.

IHC, check your forehead and add ice.This is what I do when beating my head against a wall. You just can't force the horse to drink  and some will die of the thirst just to prove they are not thirsty.

• paulshack
    281 Posts
    Thu, Jan 12 2012 6:44 PM

MBaggese:

Sinistem:
    But if you want to get serious about  studying and learning the art of the human golf swing, get some blades.

My eyes have rolled out of my head.

im with ya. worst peice of advice EVER. incredible

RSS