Help › Forums

Re: keeping cc alive

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 7 2012 9:22 AM (9 replies)
  • pdxdriver
    2,628 Posts
    Sun, Jan 1 2012 2:05 PM

hi all

can you big cc owners give me any tips on how 2keep a cc alive and active,at the mo i think i would rather quit this owner biz cobblers and join a cc that works well.you have been going longer than mine,so i need help in sorting my club out.we all started out with nothing but we need help in going 4ward.

all ideas and help in this matter welcome.

best wishes

pdxdriver

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, Jan 1 2012 2:16 PM

You may want to state what your problems are...i/e lack of participation in tournies, inactive members, etc.

• pdxdriver
    2,628 Posts
    Mon, Jan 2 2012 3:03 AM

Hi MB

thanks for the reply,main 2problems seem 2b inactive members,and lack of participation in club tournys just the same few members all the time.

chers 

pdxdriver

• cycle1979
    1,555 Posts
    Mon, Jan 2 2012 5:29 AM

Here are my suggestions:

1) Remove inactives (10-15 days inactive)

2) PLAY WITH YOUR CC MEMBERS!  Play Multiplayers rounds with other members so that you can chat with them and see how you can improve your club.  

3) Create events that will keep interest in your club (Bracket tourneys, king of the mountain competition, cup series, league, etc)

4) Delegate some of the responsibilities to others in your club that are motivated.

5) Have fun!

check out East Coast's website to get an idea of how it is run.

Cycle1979

http://eastcoastcc.webs.com/

• cycle1979
    1,555 Posts
    Mon, Jan 2 2012 5:29 AM

Here are my suggestions:

1) Remove inactives (10-15 days inactive)

2) PLAY WITH YOUR CC MEMBERS!  Play Multiplayers rounds with other members so that you can chat with them and see how you can improve your club.  

3) Create events that will keep interest in your club (Bracket tourneys, king of the mountain competition, cup series, league, etc)

4) Delegate some of the responsibilities to others in your club that are motivated.

5) Have fun!

check out East Coast's website to get an idea of how it is run.

Cycle1979

http://eastcoastcc.webs.com/

• pdxdriver
    2,628 Posts
    Mon, Jan 2 2012 9:25 AM

Hi Cycle1979

wow thats some club you got goin on there,dont now how you find enough time 2run it.i have 1 member who is actively recruiting members and does a good job,the club tournys are slowly getting more players but i think i will have to remove the inactive ones soon,do i just drop them or message them first stating what will happen if they dont take part?

looking forward to your reply

best wishes

pdxdriver

ps:maybe i'll just end the cc and join yours lol

• cycle1979
    1,555 Posts
    Mon, Jan 2 2012 5:45 PM

Thanks for the compliment!  East Coast has some great members that help out ALOT... I certainly can't take all of the credit myself.  We always welcome new members and you'd be more then welcome to join.  I'm sure I could put you to work if you wanted some responsibility within the club ;-)

Cycle1979

• MFERGI
    1,267 Posts
    Tue, Jan 3 2012 9:01 AM

I have to agree on what most of CYCLE 1979 said,( but )the removement of members after 15 days will leave you alone in a club you wish to grow !

We need to know the facts on how you get members to join your club and how you keep them there .

The rules of your club if any

The games you post  if any .and skill levels to meet your members needs .

It is great to have the option to throw away people because of your own weeknest as a club owner but it is better to teach them to run the club as a team .

80% do not read club forums or WGTs .

So you must find a way to talk to them one on one .

Contact me if you need more help and I will give it !

• cycle1979
    1,555 Posts
    Tue, Jan 3 2012 11:35 AM

If you want to create a club of ACTIVE members 15 days is more than enough time for someone to get on and play a round.  If you go longer than 15 days you tend to have too many INACTIVE players (I do make exceptions).  Check out East Coast's lists of players MFERGI... it works... along with a cut based on average.  You just have to create a club environment that is interesting and keeps players interests.  Also, having great members to help out is a HUGE plus!

http://www.wgt.com/clubs/east_coast/default.aspx

• MFERGI
    1,267 Posts
    Sat, Jan 7 2012 9:22 AM

I have looked into your club and it does run as best as it can but 15 days of non play is extreme for removal of a member on my thoughts only .

I mean no disrespect for how you run your club or any other owner for the time they put into it .

Mabye we can work together in the future .

The members that need more than I have time to offer can be sent your way and the members that dont fit your needs can be sent  to mine or at least be sent an invite before they are thown away .

Just a thought, but I see no loss on both ends for anyone and you may see your members return to you after they have been given a 2nd chance .

Friend me and we will talk about how to make this happen for the best of all members .I will send you my rules for membership and what my club offers and you can send yours to mine .

RSS