Help › Forums

Re: Hacks well above their station.

Fri, Mar 22 2024 6:51 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Wed, Mar 20 2024 10:06 AM

BlackBogey:
    I'm pretty sure I've read that regardless of Avg or Rk Rds you get tiered up from Hack to Amateur and then again from Amateur to Pro just by reaching certain levels.

That's correct.  Here's a handy chart:

BlackBogey:
    The part I didn't agree with was that "they have all the best equipment" as a Hack or Amateur.  I don't care if they have 100 accounts, they still can't get "the best equipment" on any of those accounts until they reach a level far above what a Hack or Amateur could achieve.

It's maybe not the absolute "best" equipment, but there are some clubs available at lower levels that are pretty darn good. There's a Titleist driver and a Scotty Cameron putter that are available at Level 0, for example.  There are also some DLC bundles available on Steam that have some nice equipment in them.

• BlackBogey
    276 Posts
    Thu, Mar 21 2024 1:17 AM

SamSpayed:

BlackBogey:
    I'm pretty sure I've read that regardless of Avg or Rk Rds you get tiered up from Hack to Amateur and then again from Amateur to Pro just by reaching certain levels.

That's correct.  Here's a handy chart:

BlackBogey:
    The part I didn't agree with was that "they have all the best equipment" as a Hack or Amateur.  I don't care if they have 100 accounts, they still can't get "the best equipment" on any of those accounts until they reach a level far above what a Hack or Amateur could achieve.

It's maybe not the absolute "best" equipment, but there are some clubs available at lower levels that are pretty darn good. There's a Titleist driver and a Scotty Cameron putter that are available at Level 0, for example.  There are also some DLC bundles available on Steam that have some nice equipment in them.

Thanks for providing the chart @SamSpayed, I knew I'd read that before but just couldn't find it in the forums via search to back up my point.

So if you reach Pro by L50 regardless of RR/Avg, then the best equipment one could have as a Hack or Amateur would be =/<L49?  I don't see any real earth-shattering equipment in that range. (Other than the L0 Titleist Driver/Irons/Putter you mention, which would also be available to the OP who is upset about the Hacks/Ams having the "best equipment")

And yes, I understand the OP's frustration about losing to Hacks/Ams when it can be pretty obvious they have "been around the block before", so to speak.  But I think the Coin Room algorithms are designed to take care of tiering them pretty quickly if they are winning way above "average"?  

I also agree with you 💯on the Steam bundles, I've recommended them to several people who are just starting.  Heck, just the credits they give in those bundles pay for the cost of the bundle, and you also get some pretty decent clubs that could last someone into TM/Legend Tier if they wished.  Only downside is you can't sell them back, but you can easily get your money's worth out of them if bought early enough and used for a while.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Thu, Mar 21 2024 6:51 AM

Sam, Stef, Scott, Robert, Simon and a few others seriously rock this site...:)

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Fri, Mar 22 2024 6:51 AM

Cheers Colin. ; )

• PAGES
RSS