Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Setting up my clubs/bag

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 22 2024 2:25 PM (1 replies)
  • RossRycman
    1 Posts
    Thu, Feb 22 2024 9:26 AM

Greets all...I believe that I have purchased some nice equipment, for the level that I am. My problem is that I cant figure out if I have everything that I need or if I have the correct clubs equipped. The range seems off to me, my mid-game is suffering. My approach to the green is difficult because it seems the lowest I can go with my wedges is 75yrds. I need a wider range so i can dial in better. I hope I'm making sense.

Is there some way that you all could look at my equipment and suggest what I should equip to be more successful at my approach to the greens? I do love my driver and putter, its pretty much everything else in-between...something isn't right.

Thanx all.

• GreenLaser
    177 Posts
    Thu, Feb 22 2024 2:25 PM

Your driver and irons are good enough to use for quite a while(3-Wood is okay, too).  Your set of irons has a long enough 3-iron that you can sell your hybrid and add a 64° wedge. That will help your short game greatly.  You're close enough to L52 that you could wait for the MAX Spin 64° wedge which is very good and fairly inexpensive or you could get the L39 TaylorMade 64° wedge which is even cheaper but not as good. The L31 64° Vokey is another option if you want to spend the credits for it.

Don't forget that you can select different types of shots to adjust club distance-- Full, Punch, Flop, Pitch, Chip.  You can add topspin or backspin which will also affect shot distance.  All that will give you more versatility with your 75 yard wedge if you don't want to add a 64° wedge. 

I pretty much only use Full, Punch, and Pitch (with varying spin), but that's just how I play. I'm sure other people use a wider range of shots.

RSS