Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WHY do people quit after a bad shot or two..

rated by 0 users
Tue, Dec 20 2011 4:24 AM (26 replies)
  • josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Sun, Dec 18 2011 8:10 PM

Hello,

Here's some new math for you, I would probably quit any game with you around 75% of the time. And it's not because I am a quitter. I have a wireless connection on my computer and the main hardline connection is in the living room. I get frustrated just hitting the little box [ Do You Want To Reconnect?] while playing by myself on 9 hole games. Yes just 9 holes since this would make me pull my hair out if I played a full round. I get by like this and try to remain calm. Tried playing a guy in Australia when I first started and after this connection issue he stopped me from proceeding with the game, and I was not mad but hoped he did not think I was an A&^H*&^ for it. Did not even make it to the tee.

So yes at times and can be connection issues Not just sore  losers quitting the game.

joe

Merry Christmas!

• casperturk
    484 Posts
    Mon, Dec 19 2011 5:52 AM

Lucky you can edit you're own posts -:)

• Ricky5317
    51 Posts
    Mon, Dec 19 2011 6:15 AM

I agree the connection problem annoys me all the time, especially when the interuption occurs just as your trying to play a shot!!

What does my box in even more though is the *** greens information - how can a put from 20 feet which is 12 inches up hill travel 35 feet even though you only go just over halfway on the 30foot setting!!  Then when you put the other way (down hill) the ball stops after about 3 feet even though you set to about 10 feet???

If anyone can tell me how to get round this crap I will enjoy the experience much more (and keep playing for longer) which is probably why so many quit.

Rick

Merry Christmas too!!

• jcw7766
    22 Posts
    Mon, Dec 19 2011 7:55 AM

x1524807:

jcw7766:
    Oh and just because you think your a smart ass your math is still wrong. If one of 4 players will quit that means you have a 25% chance of not finishing a game and a 75% chance of finishing it, not a 20% chance of finishing it. 100 divided by 4 = 25, it's simple 3rd grade math. So apparently you never made it past the 2nd grade. That's okay, you can cut my grass for a living.

why do they allow people like you to live

my math says 8 out of 10 will quit, and that leaves 20% that will not, NEVER SAID 25%, WHICH PROVES YOU DO NOT READ

I have reported your abuse to Icon, and hopefully he will sideline you for a  long time

Reported me? You started it with your remark people like you, and I quote:

x1524807:

now that you have corrected my mistake, I will try and be more careful, because people like you are looking for something like this

And now you state

Why do they allow people like me to live?

If that isn't a personal attack I don't know what is. Sounds like a physical threat as well because you apparently want me dead. And that's exactly how I'm going to take it. 

So tell me well what kind of people would that be? All I did was state your math was wrong and you came at me first. You started it, I finished it.  If you don't like someone standing up for themselves then you shouldn't have attacked me first. But you did, and then you run and report me to the mods like a little kid. Mommy I don't like what he said, waa! Grow up. 

• xleydiaz
    12 Posts
    Mon, Dec 19 2011 7:54 PM

For those who have connection problem, maybe it's time to run an anti-malware scanner on your laptop/pc you never know what you will found. i having this problem before and found out alot of malware was taking my trafic. delete those malware now i can play without much problem.   

• jcw7766
    22 Posts
    Tue, Dec 20 2011 1:00 AM

xleydiaz:

For those who have connection problem, maybe it's time to run an anti-malware scanner on your laptop/pc you never know what you will found. i having this problem before and found out alot of malware was taking my trafic. delete those malware now i can play without much problem.   

good point

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Tue, Dec 20 2011 4:24 AM

• x1524807 United States
      762 Posts
      Thu, Dec 15 2011 9:11 AM
      jcw7766:
      WGT really needs to come up with a way for us to know who the quitters are before we start playing a game.

From my experience, at least 8 out of 10 are quitters at one time or another, so if you want a list do as I say. When you start the game just say to yourself ",myself, at least one of these people in this foursome is a quitter. It is not me, so the chance of this game going to a peaceful conclusion is about 20%"  NOW, wgt does not have to make a list, you have the list

rday I won 4 games in a row in less than an a hour without finishing. One of those wins without ever hitting a ball due to either someone quitting or something else. Maybe their computer crashed, maybe their Internet went down, or maybe it was a WGT problem. No way to tell since they didn't forfeit, they just disappeared and I had to wait on the clock to count down.

• Oh and your math is wrong. If one of 4 players will quit that means you have a 25% chance of not finishing a game and a 75% chance of finishing it, not a 20% chance of finishing it. And right now to be honest I think it's 50/50 on whether you will finish a game or not.  And that is probably being optimistic

• robdelahunty United Kingdom
      415 Posts
      Thu, Dec 15 2011 10:37 AM
      jcw7766:
      That's not a solution.

Tis a shame WGT wont/can't activate the"Reputation" option,you see when you set up and invite players!

• jcw7766 United States
      19 Posts
      Thu, Dec 15 2011 11:38 AM
      robdelahunty:

Tis a shame WGT wont/can't activate the"Reputation" option,you see when you set up and invite players!

You can say that again

RSS
RSS