Forums

Help › Forums

Re: About "COUNTRY CLUB SPIRIT"

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 15 2023 8:20 PM (4 replies)
  • Slimjim001
    1,025 Posts
    Fri, Sep 15 2023 7:52 AM

Over the years, I have been interested in what makes some country clubs thrive while others just sort of coast along. Some of the dynamics of an active growing club are fairly obvious; friendly, accommodating, focused and competitive to name a few but I think one very important element that may be overlooked and underrated is a thing I call “club spirit”. In my thinking, club spirit is that spark of life, pride and enthusiasm where the membership feels part of something that has a heartbeat and is special. When you are in such a club, you want to wear their colors and brag it up with your friends. It has been said that enthusiasm breeds enthusiasm. That’s a truism. In my observation, where that begins is with club leaders. The leaders in a thriving club are visible, meaning they show up and are out front on everything the club is doing. They are great communicators, and they make themselves available to membership.  If you don’t know who your club leaders are, chances are that your club is already on life support. There are many other important elements that bring success to a club but in my opinion, “club spirit” better be front and center on your list of club essentials. 

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Fri, Sep 15 2023 10:33 AM

I countersign!!

• craigswan
    30,985 Posts
    Fri, Sep 15 2023 10:44 AM

Completely agree .

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Fri, Sep 15 2023 12:56 PM

We got spirit, yes we do !

We got spirit, how 'bout you?

(mandatory spirit fingers waving high)

• Zzyzx01
    1,251 Posts
    Fri, Sep 15 2023 8:20 PM

Well put.  It's too bad that most members won't even see it, and those that do most won't understand it.  Good luck.

...henry

RSS