Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Meter Speed

Fri, Sep 15 2023 7:48 AM (6 replies)
  • happynappy2
    9 Posts
    Wed, Sep 13 2023 7:22 PM

Until 2 weeks ago I was a tour pro using starter set. I was happy, sometimes I could get a win sometimes not. Then one day I got moved to master (don't know why) and figured the extra distance back on the tee was hurting me. I don't take the game seriously, but figured I had to get some clubs.

They had the Paradym set on sale so I took it. Was doing fine then 2 days ago the meter speed jumped up.Way faster than what it was when I bought them. Does the speed automatically increase after a certain period?

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Thu, Sep 14 2023 12:12 PM

No it doesn't - ehm - it shouldn't. But, perhaps, you played custom balls before? Custom clubs with the Starter balls you are playing now are no good.

I suggest to buy some cheap balls and try if they are different. Caveat: They wear and get lost - continuous investment!

• happynappy2
    9 Posts
    Thu, Sep 14 2023 2:54 PM

Thanks for the reply, everything before was the basics including balls. Never even used those promotional balls that shoot stars, light up the sky or whatever they did.. 

• mega1byte
    770 Posts
    Thu, Sep 14 2023 4:10 PM

You might want to think about some other scenario's with this problem.

Does the ball speed match the clubs.

Are you using a connection that would not  be considered High Speed.

Mega

• happynappy2
    9 Posts
    Thu, Sep 14 2023 6:23 PM

Thank you the ball was the problem. Somehow when I was opening things I must have clicked on a weird ball. Went back and added the Callaway Chrome and it's back to normal. Thanks again

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Fri, Sep 15 2023 4:34 AM

mega1byte:

You might want to think about some other scenario's with this problem.

Does the ball speed match the clubs.

Are you using a connection that would not  be considered High Speed.

Mega

The connection speed has zero influence on the meter speed. 

@happy

Did you by any chance change your outfit? Some apparel slow down your driver meter and if you had that equipped before and changed it 2 days ago, that could be the reason. Or, you simply got so used to the slower speed, the initial shock of the slower meter (in comparison to before) wore off and it seems faster now. I doubt you'd feel such a drastic change though... 

• happynappy2
    9 Posts
    Fri, Sep 15 2023 7:48 AM

LOL another correct response. Up until the time I bought the clubs my whole outfit was just like a newbie. When I bought the clubs I figured might as well look a little better and changed my whole outfit. I think the meter speed now is actually slower than what it was when everything was original. I have trouble sometimes waiting to swing now.

Thanks everyone for your responses. 

RSS