Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Daily Goals Problem??

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 6 2023 10:48 AM (24 replies)
  • MioKontic
    4,594 Posts
    Mon, Sep 4 2023 8:09 AM

Sesky - you were nearly right, but you need to delete the words "it seems like" from your statement, it happens EVERY time!

And while I was trying to write this post I came across another new bug - the strikethrough (3rd icon) from the above post-edit toolbar no longer works!

This line hasn't been crossed out...

but this one has!

Or has it?

If we look at the HTML, for the 3 lines above it says:

<p>This line hasn't been crossed out...</p>
    <p><span style="text-decoration: line-through;">but this one has!</span></p>
    <p>Or has it?<span style="text-decoration: line-through;"><br /></span></p>

As you can see, the last line thinks it has a strikethrough too.  And when I was writing it i couldn't get it to not strikethrough whilst typing, i could only select the whole line after I finished and then remove the strikethrough.

Now this could possibly be a problem with the forum engine, but with WGT's track record I'd stake my house (if I had one) on it being their doing, having probably come in with the last update.

A few other strange things in that HTML (there has been no manual manipulation of the HTML code), is the Span Style="text direction" on the last line is after the text, whereas on the previous line it is before the text. Having just looked it up, the command "</span> towards the end of the line is supposed to end the strikethrough, but that didn't work because the strikethrough continued on the next line, and the only way I could get rid of the strikethrough was by selecting the text after I'd written it and toggling the strikethrough button off.  In theory, the "<span style" and its corresponding "</span>" on the last line is redundant because there's nothing for it to strikethrough, so I don't understand how/why it got put in.  Also, there is a line break command (br) on the last line but not on any other line, even though the line breaks are physically there on each line!

What a mess!

• MioKontic
    4,594 Posts
    Mon, Sep 4 2023 8:53 AM

borntobesting:

Maybe it was just as mistake and no one caught it because it is a holiday weekend here in the U.S.A.

So quality goes out of the window in the weeks prior to a holiday weekend in the USA?  Explains a lot!

• SamSpayed
    4,904 Posts
    Mon, Sep 4 2023 11:30 AM

MioKontic:
    And while I was trying to write this post I came across another new bug - the strikethrough (3rd icon) from the above post-edit toolbar no longer works!

This isn't really a Daily Goals problem, but the strikethrough icon hasn't worked for a long time.  If you want to do strikethroughs, try using the HTML button on the right and change the <p> tags to <div> and put the line-through style on the div tag not the span tag.

with <p> tags

with <div> tags

Hope this helps.

• MioKontic
    4,594 Posts
    Wed, Sep 6 2023 3:44 AM

SamSpayed:
    This isn't really a Daily Goals problem, but the strikethrough icon hasn't worked for a long time.

Your right, it isn't a daily goals problem, but I did qualify it by saying I noticed it whilst writing the post, that's why I mentioned it there.  But I confess, I probably went on a little longer than I should have, but that's because I kept finding more and more!

I rarely use strikethrough, so hadn't realised it had been a problem for a while.  If it's been a bug for some time, why hasn't it been fixed?  Simple answer - it doesn't make them any money!  But it once again shows how little they care about members, and how everything is about making money.

Your fix is ok for those who know HTML, but not an acceptable resolution for 95% of members; it really should have been fixed as soon as it was found, we should not need to be jumping through hoops to do something that's supposed to be there.

• BlackBogey
    278 Posts
    Wed, Sep 6 2023 10:48 AM

Not to totally derail the thread, but I had to change a command prompt to a different folder today at work to disable an anti-virus service, and for the life of me couldn't remember how.  Almost put out the Bat Signal to Sam and Scott, but luckily Google was my friend.  Just goes to show you how quickly you can forget something you don't use on a regular basis. 

RSS