Forums

Help › Forums

Re: At what point are you considered a "good" golfer?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 7 2023 3:54 AM (5 replies)
  • Squatch031
    172 Posts
    Wed, Jul 5 2023 8:46 AM

I have achieved Legend tier and am now at level 95. While at the Master tier I was doing very well and shooting a lot of low scores but have basically had to relearn the game after achieving Legend and playing from the Champion tees.  I am slowly clawing my way back up but it has been a big adjustment. I have since won several bracket tournaments and do pretty well in coin games.  That said, I play against a lot of Tour Pros, Tour Masters, and Masters that are at levels way into the 100s, and obviously playing from shorter tees.  So my question is, at what point is one considered a good golfer?  Is it the Master or Tour Pro at level 120?  Is it the Champion at level 130 using spreadsheets and charts?  Or is it the lowest average, but again, if not playing from Champion tees, your average is likely to be lower.

Just something to think about.

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Wed, Jul 5 2023 9:30 AM

I would think one's GIR % and fairways hit % would have some say to being considered a "good player". There are other stats that would come into play also. JMO.

• HamdenPro
    2,415 Posts
    Thu, Jul 6 2023 1:31 PM

I think it goes without saying, if you can win match play against Henry Kawa, that would make you a great golfer.

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Fri, Jul 7 2023 2:48 AM

HamdenPro:
    Henry Kawa,

Please dont get him started

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Fri, Jul 7 2023 3:54 AM

callaghan159:

HamdenPro:
    Henry Kawa,

Please dont get him started

+1

• alosso
    21,038 Posts
    Fri, Jul 7 2023 9:49 AM

Squatch031:
    So my question is, at what point is one considered a good golfer?  Is it the Master or Tour Pro at level 120?  Is it the Champion at level 130 using spreadsheets and charts?
    First off, the levels are but signs of industry - you've played so much to accrue a lot of eXperience Points - XPs.

In the "traditional" average system, becoming a Legend and dropping your average to 61 certainly is a sign of quality - you play as good as any Tour Master, without their "handicap" bonus of a shorter tee box. From there, raising through the tiers distinguishes the better golfers.

I have no experience in the "head-to-head" world to know a "good golfer" there. Is it coins? Is it apparel? Any ideas to that side?

RSS