Help › Forums

Re: Shots from the rough

Mon, Mar 25 2024 1:29 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Sat, Mar 23 2024 10:43 AM

club578:
    can you explain how when I am hitting from the rough around the green at 30/40 or 40/50 l have to deduct 2 or 3 from yardage and sometimes it still rolls past pin?

That percentage of rough, particularly anything other than 1st cut, really decimates the effectiveness of spin.

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Sun, Mar 24 2024 10:41 AM

club578:

can you explain how when I am hitting from the rough around the green at 30/40 or 40/50 l have to deduct 2 or 3 from yardage and sometimes it still rolls past pin?

Simple your backspin is negated by the heavy rough.

• dragonmouse
    24 Posts
    Mon, Mar 25 2024 1:29 PM

So when you shoot three clubs down for distance out of such a rough, 60% power for a club supposed to shoot 10 yards under the distance on a +12 yard uphill and you roll ten yards past the pin is backspin issue's?   REALLY?  You actually defend it that way?  The only consistency I have found is that no matter how hard I figure the distance it's simply a crap shoot.  Sometimes it works, sometimes just count the loss of stroke/game and move on. I have learned to play three one hole coin games just to see what limits are on my game that day.  Sometimes simply ignore wind, sometimes putt/chip at half or less.  Sometimes add one club up and full power to get close but always short. 

Not complaining, its a computer game and a mediocre one at best but enough to get a few mins of a day to waste some time.  Same as with real golf. biggest waste of a perfectly good shooting range there is.

• PAGES
RSS