Forums

Help › Forums

Re: NO MORE GRINDING IT OUT

Wed, Oct 19 2011 10:41 PM (4 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2011 9:15 PM

Have come to the conclusion, it is futile. I have tried everything I can. Some have it and some don't. I just don't. This is just way too inconsistent for me to continue to be serious about improving. I will play a few when I can just for the S&G's. The forums are way more interesting than the game is. Putting changes drastically from one game to the next, way, way , way too many easy putts doing the crazy little lip outs. The slightest hair off from the ding and the drive will roll 2 inches into the rough every time. Just not worth the effort anymore to get better at this. Strictly recreation from now on. Back to what it was when I started, before I lost my mind on here. Still a lot of fun, nothing more.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2011 9:57 PM

There's no doubts we all have a limit as to how good we are at anything. What is also apparent is that we all learn at different speeds. I'm a slow learner, it took me ages to get to a level I felt I should be at. Now I am pretty certain I have hit a level I will not improve on. Some days I'll get great scores, others I'll be rubbish. What is more important is that I still get enjoyment each day I play, irrespective of form.

They say that madness is doing the same thing repeatedly but expecting to get improved results irrespective of that. Not suggesting that's the case with you but you never know?

Maybe in order to get better you just have to try something different. Play pitch shots from the side of the green instead of flopping. Punch or pitch out of bunkers instead of flopping or playing a full shot. Putt with your eyes closed. Anything that will add a bit more to your all round game. I recently started playing with some music on in the background and found it a great way to find my rhythm with the meter.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2011 10:10 PM

tiffer67:
    Some days I'll get great scores, others I'll be rubbish. What is more important is that I still get enjoyment each day I play, irrespective of form.

Yep, well said Tiffer.

Yesterday RG's we al par and above.

Today, 62, 30, 29 and 30 (IIRC), had some other in the money I think, don't recall the scores, but yesterday is gone, today is a new one.

Ren, hang in there man...send me a friend invite, let see what we can do.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2011 10:21 PM

dont give up bud i was sure i hited a wall ,,,until i posted a 28 this morning ..there always small miracle ,,,so far for me :)

• broahes
    191 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2011 10:41 PM

Don't give up man, but I feel ya.. I feel like I've hit a wall in the game as well.  Maybe take a few days off.. perhaps you have just burnt out?

MB gave some advice that helped me.. find some music to listen to while you play.. it's helped me.

I remember when I first started playing golf in real life several years ago, I treated it much like I approached WGT.. I instantly wanted to kick everyone's ass that I played from the very start.  That's my nature as a competitive person.  My game didn't really start improving until I just let go of it as being a competition and started enjoying the wonderful aspects of the game that have nothing to do with competition.  I've learned a lot of lessons since on the course that I've learned to apply to other aspects of life.  Golf can be a great therapist.. a way to reach your inter self.. stress relief.. what I'm saying is it's much more than just a game if you allow it to be.  The same applies to WGT.

Best of luck my friend,

Brooks

RSS