Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Apparel Bonus Disappears

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 5 2024 3:38 PM (9 replies)
  • Eyeswideopen11
    108 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2021 12:08 PM

1-2 times a day when I am playing 9 hole rounds, doesn't matter what course it is, when I finish one 9 hole round and start another 9 holes the bonus from my apparel has been removed (driver with bonus 292, w/o 282) even though I am still wearing the clothes.  In order to activate the bonus I have to close WGT and open again.  

Any ideas?

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2021 7:58 AM

Eyeswideopen11:
    Any ideas?

Have seen this driver glitch many times in the past. More often than not they happen at the worst possible time... especially during Showdowns.

Not sure of an actual workaround though.

Hopefully someone else can chime in with some advice.

Don

• Eyeswideopen11
    108 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2021 8:27 AM

Thanks Don.  I have another one.  During play last night my driver started with 292 yds and during the round went up to 298 just like that.  Same with 3 wood 254 to 255.  Finished that match and started another one and it switched back to 292 and 254.

• Dharla
    316 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2021 9:29 AM

Yah, it happens a lot. Mine is 291/307. Sometimes it even shows distances somewhere in between and in a few cases even longer. I've no idea why but from my experiences I would say to assume it is at the normal distance with apparel on regardless of what it shows. In your case 292. 

• pmm711
    5,516 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2021 11:35 AM

Just remember the apparel bonus only works in Coin Rooms, Showdowns, and I think, but I'm not sure, some special tourneys and individual matchups.  If you're playing a WGT tourney or CC match then the apparel bonus isn't in effect.  I'm just throwing this out there as a possibility and I'm not doubting there's a glitch of some sort.

• fireman33
    2,692 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2021 1:00 PM

The apparel bonus will work in stroke play but if you have a cc tournament it will not work. I wished it work as now you must remember two yardages for your clubs.

• Eyeswideopen11
    108 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2021 2:18 PM

Thanks.  All the times this has happened has been during regular stroke play

• MrFelina
    2 Posts
    Mon, Dec 4 2023 3:13 PM

Apparel bonus works in Showdowns? Not for me. 

• BlackBogey
    278 Posts
    Tue, Dec 5 2023 9:38 AM

MrFelina:

Apparel bonus works in Showdowns? Not for me. 

Yes, since Showdowns are played in Coin Room, apparel bonuses are on for them.  Sometimes there's a glitch where the correct "bonus yardage" won't be properly displayed in-game, but it will be there.

• gr8flbob
    592 Posts
    Fri, Jan 5 2024 3:38 PM

fireman33:

The apparel bonus will work in stroke play but if you have a cc tournament it will not work. I wished it work as now you must remember two yardages for your clubs.

Depends on how the CC tourney creator sets it up. They can turn abilities on or off. WGT bracket tournaments turn it off, but abilities are on in Showdowns

RSS