Re: When to buy new clubs

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 7 2020 8:23 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Tue, Jan 7 2020 8:23 AM

Caissss:
    Will it be worth waiting until higher levels to have that bit more out of the clubs that become available or just bite the bullet now?

If you are using coin rentals, are you also enhancing those clubs with sponsor apparel?  Have you unlocked the SE hat that boost driver distance?  If so, that may buy you a little more time.

After using coin rental gear, I upgraded my entire bag in the L50's.  You have now passed that and are approaching club in the mid 80's which is where my next set of upgrades occurred.  

How long it takes you to get there, depends on you.  If you could wait until the L85 Callaway clubs, you would likely save credits on a second level of upgrades having obtained a better set of clubs than those offered in the mid to upper 50 levels. 

The thing to remember, if you are playing well with starter or coin rental clubs... you will see a substantial improvement with new clubs, improved play, increased success will likely get you promoted sooner... ie move you back to the next tee box... you can use the clubs in the Level 50's off the back tees, but the clubs available in the 80's will be a definite improvement and better investment.

WGT uses a couple different techniques to ensure players are moved back which increases the likelihood players will upgrade their clubs.... it is what restarts the cycle of upgrades again... hence more upgrades. 

the fewer times you repeat that cycle the better off you are...  since you have already passed the option in the 50's you are closing in on clubs at the next level which would last you even longer and get the most value for you money / credits spent.

something to consider, Seeing how you are mobile... you will want to be aware WGT does appear to use some type of "promotion" criteria based on success in coin rooms and the level you have achieved, you could find yourself getting promoted or moved back on tees, before you feel ready... be patient, develop a plan and you will still be able to play and adapt as needed.  

• PAGES
RSS