skip nav

Forums

Re: Upper tier Putters!

rated by 0 users
Thu, Nov 14 2019 5:26 AM by borntobesting. 12 replies.
  • DoctorLarry United States
    2,797 Posts
    Tue, Nov 12 2019 11:12 AM

flatstick96:
    Point of all of that is to say: just because you don't love a putter immediately doesn't mean you won't eventually come around and fall in love with it once you're more familiar with it.  Next time there's a free rental weekend, try it again before you write it off completely.

Totally agree.

It also applies to any club, IMO.  Since we rarely change clubs to one that has the same characteristics as the one we have, you must take some time to adjust. 

I think that is particularly true for putters since forgiveness can really affect ding or off-ding putting styles.

• LostArkitekt United States
    1 Posts
    Wed, Nov 13 2019 11:12 AM

I'm not as high level as you, but I bought a Spider putter that was "on paper" 3 times better than the starter putter.  However, and this isn't due to mishits, etc., it is AWFUL on distance.  The putt will say 6 ft with 0 inches up, and I'll hit it at 7.5 feet, and it still won't get there.  Then, sometimes, I'll hit it with the same scenario, and it will roll 2 ft past the hole.  I think WGT does this on purpose to make money.  I should be putting BETTER with a much better putter (on spec), but I have been putting worse.  Funny thing is that I go to the putting green, and I putt like a BAUS, but the distance control doesn't translate to the games, and I think this is in the program...so now that I just bought a putter, they want me to spend money on a better one.

• borntobesting United States
    8,339 Posts
    Thu, Nov 14 2019 5:26 AM

LostArkitekt:

I'm not as high level as you, but I bought a Spider putter that was "on paper" 3 times better than the starter putter.  However, and this isn't due to mishits, etc., it is AWFUL on distance.  The putt will say 6 ft with 0 inches up, and I'll hit it at 7.5 feet, and it still won't get there.  Then, sometimes, I'll hit it with the same scenario, and it will roll 2 ft past the hole.  I think WGT does this on purpose to make money.  I should be putting BETTER with a much better putter (on spec), but I have been putting worse.  Funny thing is that I go to the putting green, and I putt like a BAUS, but the distance control doesn't translate to the games, and I think this is in the program...so now that I just bought a putter, they want me to spend money on a better one.

No they don't do it to make money. The level 19 Spider was just a lousy putter. I don't know very many people who liked it. I hated it. There were plenty of other putters that were better in the game than they were on paper. I think the level 19 Spider was one of their first better putters. And the programming just didn't match the specs. You should have asked others about the Spider before buying it. Most of us would have said " DON'T WASTE YOUR CREDITS ON THAT PIECE OF CRAP! Sorry about the yelling but that is how much I hated it, 

RSS