Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Clash 108

Thu, Sep 26 2019 4:14 AM (31 replies)
  • jacktrade51
    10,901 Posts
    Sat, Sep 21 2019 8:19 PM

I apologize for the 1 person country club comment, since you said it yourself and I read your post too quickly.

But a 1 person cc cannot expect to compete in club clash.

I know an owner of a 1 person cc; she built herself up to level 4 by herself and got free putter pal and shot pal. She does not want to deal with the rest of us.  Her choice.  It works for her.  

So don't complain.

Tom.

• Kenbo00
    434 Posts
    Sun, Sep 22 2019 3:36 AM

Tom, I belonged to Bro cc up until about 6 weeks ago. Got my golden putter in clash 101, I am very well vested in the clash. A club of one is where I want to be right now. But I have played for both the Penalty Box and Bro cc. 

I have seen our clubs on the good end of the course draw, and the bad. So I have a ton of experience with it. And when I got my golden putter, what did the other 240 members get? I just think if the WGT wants to stop losing good clash clubs and keep the interest, and overhaul is needed. Right now I don't care to do well in the clash... been there, done it.  I may get the interest back if the WGT overhauls the clash

Ken

• Kenbo00
    434 Posts
    Sun, Sep 22 2019 5:06 AM

Just a side note.... @Tom. You have a club of 240 and came in 42nd place. I wouldn't really consider your club a clash club. If I had played all 11 matches I would have placed lower. But I think we both agree the clash needs changes. Hopefully we'll see them soon... And no disrespect to your club. Personally, I currently think pouring money into the current clash is a waste.

• jacktrade51
    10,901 Posts
    Sun, Sep 22 2019 9:43 PM

First, on the nice note, I retract my comment above about a 1 person country club.  It was wrong, plus I have had a few 2-3 player clubs wreck havoc on us with the current scoring system.  Sorry.

Now for serious issue: the reason we show up in 42nd place is because we discourage our members from buying passes.  There is no difference for club awards between 4th and 50th (and not much to 100th).  Win on free passes and superpasses only.

So ...we could get into top 10 easily but none of us want to buy passes.  Maybe, you were the idiot buying passes in your former club?

AND YOU NEVER ANSWERED THE QUESTION: WHAT "WE" WERE YOU TALKING ABOUT.

So you left Bros.  Proves my points.  Black Diamond GC has never operated that way on clashes.  Do not insult me.  Criticize them.

You got it all wrong. 

Tom.

(P.S. Is your putting better with the golden putter?)

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sun, Sep 22 2019 11:50 PM

I am the owner of a 2 person level 8 club. We too have been members of much bigger clubs and prefer to remain small. That said we love the clash , normally finish in top 100 , not this time due to holiday commitments, but it’s hard work and we play to compensate each other so someone plays nearly all the time . The clash isn’t all about winning , it’s about playing a maximum of 11 matches to the best of your ability in a format we don’t normally have a choice to play , on mobile at least. I watch tons of videos to get passes to win super passes in the turf wars. I guess each to their own , but other than when we are drawn against level 19 clubs I love the challenges that come with it. 

• craigswan
    30,979 Posts
    Mon, Sep 23 2019 12:14 AM

Can you have your cake and eat it .

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Mon, Sep 23 2019 12:19 AM

Was that aimed at me craigswan , because if so , yes I believe I can ! 

• Kenbo00
    434 Posts
    Mon, Sep 23 2019 3:37 AM

jacktrade51:

AND YOU NEVER ANSWERED THE QUESTION: WHAT "WE" WERE YOU TALKING ABOUT.

So you left Bros.  Proves my points.  Black Diamond GC has never operated that way on clashes.  Do not insult me.  Criticize them.

You got it all wrong. 

Tom.

(P.S. Is your putting better with the golden putter?)

Insult? I think you are reaching for something that I wasn't trying to do. No insult intended.

I have no idea what you are talking about with the WHAT "WE" WERE YOU TALKING ABOUT.

I left Bro... yeah, so?

I have zero interest in criticizing anyone... this is only about the clash. You looked up my profile and made assumptions, so I looked up yours and did the same. But there was absolutely no disrespect intended. Obviously you have a great club... 240 is a big club.

YES, MY PUTTING IS BETTER WITH THE GOLDEN PUTTER. 

Regardless if I am a club of one, or a club of 240, I would still like to see the clash improved as it is one of my favorite WGT events.

• Kenbo00
    434 Posts
    Mon, Sep 23 2019 4:23 AM

The main thing about the current clash is it isn't done fairly. And the prize structure needs to improve so more clubs get actual prizes like clubs, balls, etc. Not these virtual flags, etc. I played 6 matches last clash and 4 opponents didn't play at all. Then I talk to people from clubs that were good clash clubs, and they are all getting out of it. So something needs to be improved or it will cease to be relevant.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Mon, Sep 23 2019 8:22 AM

In the last three clashs, 106, 107, and 108, we have drawn the same clubs multiple times.  in each clash, we drew 2 different clubs, twice each.  Wondering if a fluke, or are there that many fewer clubs playing in the clashs?   I've also noticed that some of the other better  clubs, that we have played against in the past, aren't even on the leaderboard any more.  

RSS