Forums

Help › Forums

Clash 108

Thu, Sep 26 2019 4:14 AM (31 replies)
  • bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Mon, Sep 23 2019 9:30 AM

This reply is not aimed at anyone individually , it’s just a general comment ! 

Its a shame that everyone wants to be in number one position  , isn’t it just nice to do the best you can ! I enjoy playing the clash and knowing I couldn’t have done more . The golden putter is not my goal , only playing the format. 

If wgt are reading this , what I would really like is this format in the mobile form , where I play not for the actual score in the round but for points value . It allows average players to still score well even if they c... up a hole or two ! 

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Mon, Sep 23 2019 12:21 PM

Just out of curiosity,  as an owner, I have to ask just how someone  " earns " a gold putter?  What criteria is used?   Does one have to shoot, say scores of 28 in 90% of his games?   Do you have to beat your scoring average in every game you shoot? Do you have to shoot the most scores, in the clash? Do you have to buy the most passes, either for yourself, or gifting to others? How about just being best friends with the owner?  With the exception of the first 2, how does that equate in someone's credibility to being able to discuss more about clashs than most?  

But I have to agree, that something needs to be done with the clash events, also with climate change, but alas, I don't  think we are going to get anything there either.  Side note, 90+ passes, imo, is definately a waste. 

• 2questions
    856 Posts
    Mon, Sep 23 2019 2:11 PM

jacktrade51:
    "...(snip)...Maybe, you were the idiot buying passes in your former club?

Idiot(s)...?!?  Nope.

Tom, the name-calling view(point) from your the mobile high chair is at best in-artfully written, potentially divisive, shortsighted, and...diminishing. 

Not a good look.  Nope.

I stand with those who carry high respect for any who freely choose to support their Clash efforts using whatever resources available to them (for them selves personally or...for their CC).

I stand with those who respect any, and...all Clash contributors. 

- Ty

• Kenbo00
    434 Posts
    Mon, Sep 23 2019 2:40 PM

As far as getting a golden putter... I guess that would be up to the owner and leadership of the club. I can tell you how I got mine... I played an average of over 120 rounds per clash for 10 straight clashes. I was in the top 5 every clash without using an sp. I also gave out passes, equipment for incentives, and did everything to help our club win. But I am still one of the hardest clashers one will find. Do I have credibility to discuss clashes more than most. Yeah, I think I do. I also owned Bro before leaving. I had to run the clash as well. Most people don't have as much of themselves invested in the clash... so yes. I think I have more credibility than most. Does that make any difference? I don't think so... I think you are just trying to give me a little dig. But I've read allot of your previous posts. Seems to be your thing... 

• AlaskanDame
    18,958 Posts
    Mon, Sep 23 2019 11:35 PM

Kenbo00:

jacktrade51:

AND YOU NEVER ANSWERED THE QUESTION: WHAT "WE" WERE YOU TALKING ABOUT.

Tom.

I have no idea what you are talking about with the WHAT "WE" WERE YOU TALKING ABOUT.

It may be just a grammatical thing, guys.  

Kenbo never used “we” (unless there’s an edited version I missed), but he did say this:  “To surmise... I played 6 matches and were 2 behind every club lower than me on the leaderboard, and I was 53rd after those 5 matches”

That “were” should have been “was” and maybe got read as “we’re?”

Whatever, types of clash prizes, distribution of courses, and moderation of conditions are points of consensus.

AKD

• craigswan
    30,962 Posts
    Tue, Sep 24 2019 12:19 AM

bossbird is good .

Took our club on all by herself .

• Alain760
    350 Posts
    Tue, Sep 24 2019 1:54 AM

Lets not be naïve what push people to play clash is, to win, what push players in big CC to play so many rounds and spend so much credits in balls and passes is to win the GOLD PUTTER, as soon as they win it the interest of playing low down hugely.

But we are not all in big CC and what i see more and more is a lack of interest in the clash, in my CC too, and i think for several reasons:

Most of the time you fall against club that dont really fight only one or 2 players playing so the interest of the match is poor.

The feeling that you play always the same courses wich is annoying

And the poor prizes at the end wich doesnt push you to climb the leaderboard (same prizes from 4th to 50th).

So WGT i think its time to make the clash progress, otherwise i am afraid that a lot of clubs will stop fighting, and that would be a pity cause i love this competition.

Alain

• Kenbo00
    434 Posts
    Tue, Sep 24 2019 7:43 AM

I didn't edit any of my comments, but maybe it just came of that way with a we're. I guess what I found in the six matches I played were clubs that didn't even play one round against me. I honestly don't know if it is the prize structure, or just the boredom of a clash.

As far as golden putter goes, yes, allot of winners get it and back way off. I am one of the few exceptions. If I'm gonna play, I play all out. Another great golden putter winner who is a legend as far as I'm concerned is Ebers654.He got his golden putter, and for a year straight played as much or if not more than before he got it. 

I will be clear... I never set out to get a golden putter. I just like clashing. Getting the golden putter was an honor, but not one I could have gotten without the other 240 or so members playing ever clash so we could win. 

But loving the clash just make me wish for the WGT to keep it relevant. Make it fun for many more that want to be involved. Give away allot of prizes that matter. Give to the top 50... whatever it takes to make clubs want to play. And I'll add that I believe they should find a way to keep the cost down more. Clubs get 2 sp's for each of the 11 matches, and more for tw wins, etc. How about give 50 passes per match as well? Something that takes some of the cost burden off the smaller clubs. I'm just saying... the WGT has a marketing group. They should put their heads together and revamp the clash so that people enjoy it. Playing the same course 6-7 times in a clash sucks!!! Easily fixable. High winds, fast greens two clashes in a row.... NO? I like to play those conditions... but not two clashes in a row. 

• Kenbo00
    434 Posts
    Tue, Sep 24 2019 4:14 PM

jacktrade51:

So ...we could get into top 10 easily but none of us want to buy passes.  Maybe, you were the idiot buying passes in your former club?

I have to agree with twoquesitons about your comment calling me an idiot, or implying people who by passes idiots. 

You do what you want with your money, I'll what I want with mine, as others do as well. No need for calling anyone an idiot.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Wed, Sep 25 2019 7:18 PM

Kenbo00:

Just a side note.... @Tom. You have a club of 240 and came in 42nd place. I wouldn't really consider your club a clash club. If I had played all 11 matches I would have placed lower. But I think we both agree the clash needs changes. Hopefully we'll see them soon... And no disrespect to your club. Personally, I currently think pouring money into the current clash is a waste.

You called me out saying I'm digging you, then you say that it's my thing, so I guess , if consider it a dig, that I asked a couple of questions, just for clearification, then so be it.  I have a few more questions, you declared that you were more credible than most to talk about clashs, in one of your posts.  Definition of credibility,  is the quality of being convincing, or believeable, trustable.  In this post ( above ) , you say " Personally, I think pouring money into the current clash is a waste. "  Yet, you played approx. 90 clash rounds and on your profile ,  2 pages are loaded with nothing but , you purchased cc passes. now I have to wonder about how believable your statement is about pouring money into the clash,  which casts a doubt on other things you say.  

RSS