Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Why disconnect?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jun 19 2010 10:16 AM (8 replies)
  • Tackernoon
    6 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2009 10:10 PM

Why would anyone disconnect from playing a round before ending the last hole?

All three of my four-some disconnected at the 9th hole. I'm not that bad of a player.

• Nvstew
    1 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2009 10:42 PM

Apparently the other players in your foursome were scared little pussies.  Evidently, If you disconnect before the end of the round, your score is not posted.  Therefore, you oppenents average round scores were not affected by their poor play.  Understand?  They are just all about the average score and not willing to take their medicine.  I am here in this forum, looking for something called a ladder-match where that kind of instance is not allowed.  wgt.agl or something or other.  you may wish to look into this.  Oh, by the way, I have nver and shall never quit b4 the end of the round, there just arent' many like us out there...lol

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2009 11:06 PM

Nvstew:
    I am here in this forum, looking for something called a ladder-match where that kind of instance is not allowed.  wgt.agl or something or other.

The ladders are at www.wgt.agls.org.uk.

• CESAO
    2 Posts
    Sun, Jun 6 2010 2:32 PM

Sir: If the bad sore loser disconnect, in your turn,  before hit the ball, he freeze the game. And, in that case, the score of the other players will be lost.

Tthen, that makes an appeal to at least hit the ball before disconnect.

(excuse my poor english, sirs)

• jgraham7897
    27 Posts
    Sun, Jun 6 2010 3:07 PM

I just got done with a 9 hole where the guy disconnected because he hit 2 shots in the water.  I had to close my window and re-open to finish the round.

• CESAO
    2 Posts
    Mon, Jun 7 2010 12:58 AM

I know it is possible to continue the game but, what i claim is allowing others to continue the game. The case that made me post here was that I was playing with a friend (I was not even the most prejudiced even though my score is being reasonable, for my standard), but my friend converted an eagle and we had to go it alone.

If you want, you need to disconnect, do it, but if it is your turn, hit the ball before.

• biggsy62
    7 Posts
    Mon, Jun 7 2010 4:08 AM

I was playing against two pros, shot 2 under and won, yet my average went up. Doesn't give you much incentive to post your score. 

I don't care if people quit or not it's up to them.

• Fata
    116 Posts
    Thu, Jun 10 2010 8:19 AM

You know there is avery simple solution to quitters, sandbagging jerkoffs, double account losers  and the like.   Join up and play in the community tournaments.   Here you actually get to know a group of players and you have a great social atmosphere as you play your games.

I found this site annoying at best till I joined up with Golfseekers.   They offer all  kinds of tourneys to play and a handicap system so you can compete with anybody.

That is just the one I happened to join --plenty of others available as well.

Frankly playing matchplay challenges or multiplayer rounds or ready go's or tourney's and complaining about them is stupid.    Why bother playing them as they are a waste of time ?   Play with a group of players you know preferably with a handicap system in place so there is some actual competition.  Skip the rest.

The site can be very enjoyable --you just need to be very selective what you play and with whom.

• FlyTyer
    19 Posts
    Sat, Jun 19 2010 10:16 AM

I agree with what is said here.....I have yet to actually finish a game with everyone still playing, weather is a twosome , threesome or a foursome. If your going to qiut in the middle of the game, don't even bother playing. your wasting my time and everyone else who loves this game and wants to complete a round. Just had to vent..thanks

RSS