Help › Forums

Re: Bethpage Black Match Play Championship

Mon, Nov 23 2009 11:37 AM (95 replies)
  • coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2009 10:00 AM

I finally finished my match with PRIESTESS, the result - 

coolswing defeat PRIESTESS 6 and 4

It was a very good match and the score here don't do Tess any justice really.  Also she didn't have much luck at all with a few lipout putts and many ran by the edge of the hole, she's an excellent player and I'm just thankful I caught her on one of my better day !  Thanks for the game Tess and well done on making it to the Semi-Final of this high quality tourney.

Thanks Ellis for running the tourney and have really moved it a long so the tourney can finish up.  Just one more match I guess and I look forward to playing with lvietri who is a friend.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2009 1:53 PM

I was hoping both coolswing and priestess had equipment failures and had to concede.  That was the only way I had a shot against either of them.     Regardless I'll do my best ... (but last time I played coolswing I couldn't sit down for a week).  We'll hook up soon ... Look forward to it Cool.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Sun, Nov 22 2009 1:52 PM

My Congrats to Coolswing taking me 3 and 2 in the finals.  Front 9 was tight but he ran off 4 birds in a row on the back to beat me up.     Thanks for pulling this together at the last minute Ellis. Nice job.

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Sun, Nov 22 2009 2:49 PM

Congratulations Coolswing.. Thoroughly deserved,,, 

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2009 7:25 AM

Here's the scorecard for the Final with Lvietri -

It was a very good game with Lou and I thoroughly enjoyed his company and the conversation.  It could have been even closer as Lou had the hole sewn up on the15th only to miss a short tricky putt ! Thanks for the game Lou, I'm sure we'll battle again in another tourney.

Anyway well done to Lou for making it to the final in a high quality field.  Also thanks to everyone who participated in this great tournament, I hope you all had a great time like I did.

Finally thanks to Luke for putting on this excellent tourney and EllisSpice for doing such a great job picking up the tourney in the end and finishing it in very quick time.

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2009 11:37 AM

Well done to Coolswing for winning the tourney! And I can't thank everyone else enough for moving on the tourney quickly...

Now what tourney do you think I should take over next?

RSS