Forums

Help › Forums

Re: NEW CALLAWAYS IN THE PROSHOP

Sat, Jul 14 2018 3:28 AM (29 replies)
  • SauloMagno
    57 Posts
    Sat, Jun 30 2018 7:47 PM

I bought new Rogue Irons (Lv 85) and mapping today. I made 11 birdies in Kiawah, my best score (ruined with one boogey in put...)

Hard to map, but really good clubs. I mean, hard to map because I use Srixon Lv11 and have G25 before this, so +.5 spin is something to remmeber, specially with heavy wind

+.5 spin I fixed changing balls to Srixon Lv13 :D

• happymt
    869 Posts
    Sun, Jul 1 2018 3:10 AM

i believe 110 is where it stops

• chaos1970
    317 Posts
    Sun, Jul 1 2018 4:47 AM

Luckystar5:

JohanTV:

Luckystar5:

Emptied the old clubs from closet, got the new irons.

Did you also notice any difference in meterspeed? I assume you upgraded from Apex L100 to Rogue pro L100? Really wished they presented them 2 weeks ago so I could have tried them. I finally bought the Sabertooth putter but could also have upgraded irons. Now my saved credits are gone.

The meter speed plays more like the steelheads (l97) but they play more like the Apex did.  To get the listed yardage, u need to use about 75% b/s.  But the spin rate is unbelieveable. So far, I have been able to get the ding rate up, hit the ding more than I ever have.  

The level 99,  3 wood is alot better than the fusion!  Very forgiving! and long. I'm sure than in a week or two, I'll be more than happy with them.  It's a good test, playing them in the extreme conditions of the clash, but frustrating, lol.  I'd say that they are a good investment, for those looking to upgrade, some may feel that they aren't worth changing from the steelheads, or the Apex clubs.  To me just a change was nice. 

On top of this I swear that the lvl 100 driver and the lvl 99 3 wood aren't influenced as much by the wind as the Fusion and Apex clubs were. The 3 wood I find very similar to the Fusion however the lvl 100 driver , to me, seems even more forgiving on my usual pull hook.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sun, Jul 1 2018 7:29 AM

The new callys, simple, if u have the extra credits to spare, the new clubs are a pleasure to play.  Will they make u no. 1 Player on wgt, probably not. Irl I play titleist clubs, can I play like Jordan S. ,  no way. No matter what clubs, or balls you play, you have to execute the proper shots,  at the right time, then make the putts.  I just think that it was great for wgt to give us a choice, at the upper levels.  Kudos for that. 

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2018 6:22 AM

Anyone else have any more experience with the Rogue 3 wood?

i.e.  Do you still get those "how in the heck did it go there" moments like with the fusion 3 wood?

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2018 8:05 AM

Got all 3 sets, hate the irons..good thing I haven’t sold my L97 Callys..still have the new irons in my bag though. The 3 wood is ok but nothing special.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2018 1:44 PM

SlickHunter:

Got all 3 sets, hate the irons..good thing I haven’t sold my L97 Callys..still have the new irons in my bag though. The 3 wood is ok but nothing special.

The driver?  Some have told me they are getting 8 to 10 yards more, even though the specs are the same as fusion.  I noticed that when we go head to head, you out drive me by just about that much.  I haven't paid any attention, when we compete if the apparel is in place or not.  If it's not, I just may splurge. That added yardage might just come in handy! 

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2018 2:20 PM

Luckystar5:

SlickHunter:

The driver?  Some have told me they are getting 8 to 10 yards more, even though the specs are the same as fusion.  I noticed that when we go head to head, you out drive me by just about that much.  I haven't paid any attention, when we compete if the apparel is in place or not.  If it's not, I just may splurge. That added yardage might just come in handy! 

Hey bud, we didn’t have a match today, hopefully tomorrow. My Driver with apparel rates 303.

• ScottyAKing
    175 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2018 10:58 PM

When we played today, you could have used a putter, upside down, and beaten me.  I had a shocker.  In my defence, I’d just woken up.  That’s my excuse anyway. 

Why do you not like the irons?

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2018 3:28 AM

ScottyAKing:

When we played today, you could have used a putter, upside down, and beaten me.  I had a shocker.  In my defence, I’d just woken up.  That’s my excuse anyway. 

Why do you not like the irons?

i’ve used several titleist balls to practice on these, which I use regularly  just couldn’t get them dialed in. Had a few matches H2H with them, worst I’ve done. I still have them in my bag, in time, I will try them again. 

RSS