skip nav

Forums

Re: Tour Legend to Champion

rated by 0 users
Mon, Feb 11 2019 6:14 PM by StickemStino. 17 replies.
  • Oldtupp Australia
    196 Posts
    Mon, Feb 4 2019 11:41 PM

I understand the need for the change .

however those of us who had been Tour Legends for some time and where closer to the next teir that further away and now being penalised  .

The penalty occurs when we play course we had previously scored well and now don't score as well are penalised  with our average going up  each time we play any of those courses.It may Take some of us several years to get our averages down again .

There is also a financial penalty as well  for those of us who wish to play on to get through to the next teir and regain some inner peace when our averages stop going up 

Cheers a Feeling  older  Tupp

Digg
    Delicious
  • StickemStino United States
    97 Posts
    Fri, Feb 8 2019 5:42 PM

I posted a high score. Maybe it will change things around. Still confushed.

Digg
    Delicious
  • TopShelf2010 United States
    8,334 Posts
    Mon, Feb 11 2019 3:11 AM

StickemStino:
    Still confushed.

In your previous post you said...

StickemStino:
    I have right around 300 ranked rounds AS a tour legend with no par 3 rounds or par 5 rounds

Unless I am mistaken, the required amount of rounds has been increased to 500 rounds as a Tour Legend.

Don

Digg
    Delicious
  • Robert1893 United States
    5,053 Posts
    Mon, Feb 11 2019 6:35 AM

TopShelf2010:
    Unless I am mistaken, the required amount of rounds has been increased to 500 rounds as a Tour Legend.

It still seems a bit unclear. In another thread, there's at least one player who says he has over 500 ranked rounds for average at TL from after the change in saturation was made. And he says his average still fluctuates. 

So, while it makes sense to believe that saturation for TL is 500 rounds, I haven't read where anyone has confirmed that number. Or if they did, I missed it. 

Digg
    Delicious
  • claremoreblue United States
    1,597 Posts
    Mon, Feb 11 2019 8:37 AM
    Oldtupp:

I understand the need for the change .

however those of us who had been Tour Legends for some time and where closer to the next teir that further away and now being penalised  .

The penalty occurs when we play course we had previously scored well and now don't score as well are penalised  with our average going up  each time we play any of those courses.It may Take some of us several years to get our averages down again .

There is also a financial penalty as well  for those of us who wish to play on to get through to the next teir and regain some inner peace when our averages stop going up 

Cheers a Feeling  older  Tupp

You have entered 1,085 tournaments during your WGT career. You have 0 top ten finishes, why on earth would you want to move up? This is an awesome game with great enjoyment playing with our many awesome friends but I don't get it. Financial penalty? At a loss there as well, you can get a couple hundred creds for moving up a tier but that's just dribble for the vulture's here lol. Good luck and I hope you get the answer's your looking for sir! May you shoot low and have a great week!!
    Digg
    Delicious
  • Robert1893 United States
    5,053 Posts
    Mon, Feb 11 2019 9:26 AM

claremoreblue:
    You have entered 1,085 tournaments during your WGT career. You have 0 top ten finishes, why on earth would you want to move up?

You realize that number can be really skewed.

I believe the stat includes CC tournaments but does not record finishes in those tournaments. Also, I suspect that there's a fair amount of people (like myself) who enter one of the monthly credit tournaments simply to get the free ball.

For example, my stat displays me as having entered 420 stroke-play tournaments. But I only remember entering one tournament that had credits attached to it. It was a mobile tournament. I think I finished around 3rd. 

The rest of those tournaments are CC tournaments or credit tournaments entered but did not play. 

Digg
    Delicious
  • StickemStino United States
    97 Posts
    Mon, Feb 11 2019 6:14 PM

Thank You Topshelf and robert for your comments. Looks like i just need to get a few more rounds in.

Digg
    Delicious
  • middbrew United States
    221 Posts
    Tue, Feb 12 2019 7:04 AM

It's not really answering the question as to the requirement of moving from TL to champ, but I have never really seen a reason given for wanting to move up from one tier to another other than the status of a higher level. The ability to compete and do well in one level against the best in that level is very satisfying. The desire to move and compete against those in the next level is very motivating, but if you are doing very well at your current level you will have the scores and rounds needed and be promoted when the time comes. 

I say don't focus on the end or what's to come but enjoy the journey and game along the way.

Digg
    Delicious
RSS