Tour Legend to Champion

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 18 2019 12:55 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Oldtupp
    223 Posts
    Mon, Feb 4 2019 11:41 PM

I understand the need for the change .

however those of us who had been Tour Legends for some time and where closer to the next teir that further away and now being penalised  .

The penalty occurs when we play course we had previously scored well and now don't score as well are penalised  with our average going up  each time we play any of those courses.It may Take some of us several years to get our averages down again .

There is also a financial penalty as well  for those of us who wish to play on to get through to the next teir and regain some inner peace when our averages stop going up 

Cheers a Feeling  older  Tupp

• StickemStino
    122 Posts
    Fri, Feb 8 2019 5:42 PM

I posted a high score. Maybe it will change things around. Still confushed.

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Mon, Feb 11 2019 3:11 AM

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Mon, Feb 11 2019 6:35 AM

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Mon, Feb 11 2019 8:37 AM
    Oldtupp:

I understand the need for the change .

however those of us who had been Tour Legends for some time and where closer to the next teir that further away and now being penalised  .

The penalty occurs when we play course we had previously scored well and now don't score as well are penalised  with our average going up  each time we play any of those courses.It may Take some of us several years to get our averages down again .

There is also a financial penalty as well  for those of us who wish to play on to get through to the next teir and regain some inner peace when our averages stop going up 

Cheers a Feeling  older  Tupp

You have entered 1,085 tournaments during your WGT career. You have 0 top ten finishes, why on earth would you want to move up? This is an awesome game with great enjoyment playing with our many awesome friends but I don't get it. Financial penalty? At a loss there as well, you can get a couple hundred creds for moving up a tier but that's just dribble for the vulture's here lol. Good luck and I hope you get the answer's your looking for sir! May you shoot low and have a great week!!
  • Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Mon, Feb 11 2019 9:26 AM

• StickemStino
    122 Posts
    Mon, Feb 11 2019 6:14 PM

Thank You Topshelf and robert for your comments. Looks like i just need to get a few more rounds in.

• middbrew
    318 Posts
    Tue, Feb 12 2019 7:04 AM

It's not really answering the question as to the requirement of moving from TL to champ, but I have never really seen a reason given for wanting to move up from one tier to another other than the status of a higher level. The ability to compete and do well in one level against the best in that level is very satisfying. The desire to move and compete against those in the next level is very motivating, but if you are doing very well at your current level you will have the scores and rounds needed and be promoted when the time comes. 

I say don't focus on the end or what's to come but enjoy the journey and game along the way.

• pitchking1
    348 Posts
    Fri, Oct 18 2019 9:48 AM

middbrew:

I say don't focus on the end or what's to come but enjoy the journey and game along the way.

100 % correct ..... I'm @ 218 RR as TL with an AVG of 60.16 and if I count only my best 200 RR, my avg is 58.77. (P3 / P5 / Custom not into this count)

So, the 'rule' of 200 RR isn't correct, there are other parameters into the algoritm.

Just keep having fun on the course(s) and enjoy the game of virtual golf.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Fri, Oct 18 2019 12:55 PM

They say it's 750 TL RRs now.

The grind ruLeZ!

• PAGES
RSS