Help › Forums

Tour Legend to Champion

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 18 2019 12:55 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Kenbo00
    434 Posts
    Sun, May 27 2018 3:44 PM

Have they changed the number of ranked rounds between Tour Legend to Champion? Everyone says it's 200 rounds and a 59,999 average.

I'm at 203 ranked rounds and a sub 56 average and haven't tiered up.None of my ranked rounds are par 3's, par 5's, or custom courses.

What am I missing?

• jacktrade51
    10,831 Posts
    Sun, May 27 2018 7:05 PM

It's 200 rounds and 59.00 average.

Anyway, I see you are at Champ.  Congrats! 

I guess it took the WGT computer a day to catch up.  Also, sometimes, one won't get moved up a tier until one has gone off line and signed back in.

Tom.

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Sun, May 27 2018 7:16 PM

Kenbo00:

What am I missing?

Hi Kenbo00

I'm not trying to be smart here but probably this

All the info's there, if a little confusing, I admit. Just spent 30min. reading through it all trying to give you a coherent answer.

I was about to say "don't worry about it, it'll happen" and point you towards a couple of posts in the forums, when I had a quick glance at your profile and lo and behold, saw you made it.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Well played, now I know what's ahead of me when I finally manage to shake off Legend status. It'll happen I guess, somewhen.

Cheers!

Rich

• Kenbo00
    434 Posts
    Mon, May 28 2018 5:07 AM

Thanks... yeah, i too me 202 rounds. lol

• DuiTiger6
    9 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2018 7:38 PM

I just hit T.L. today and it was on e I got below 60 my ave. 59.99 and I got like 1500 ranked rounds. Just wonder how low have to go to get to champion. Already have Ave down to 58. Also some players get moved up faster than that. I know guy with only 499 ranked rounds and is champion he I can put his ball pretty much where he wants and in clashes can score well over 100 pts on grey passes and that's not par 5 clash either. I read WGT has algorithms and I guess to keep sandbaggers if players win tourneys in tournament mode they can get moved up faster

• jacktrade51
    10,831 Posts
    Fri, Sep 28 2018 12:45 PM

DuiTiger6:
    I just hit T.L. today and it was on e I got below 60 my ave. 59.99 and I got like 1500 ranked rounds. Just wonder how low have to go to get to champion. Already have Ave down to 58. Also some players get moved up faster than that. I know guy with only 499 ranked rounds and is champion he I can put his ball pretty much where he wants and in clashes can score well over 100 pts on grey passes and that's not par 5 clash either. I read WGT has algorithms and I guess to keep sandbaggers if players win tourneys in tournament mode they can get moved up faster

To answer the simpler question first, the last sentence is correct.  The precise algorithm is not public.

On moving from TL to Champ, it is a minimum of 200 ranked rounds and a 59.00 average (assuming your last sentence does not kick in).  That, however, is a much easier thing to achieve than going from Legend to TL.  The 500 minimum rounds to achieve TL makes moving the average quite difficult.  I suspect most TL's, while Legend, already achieved the feat of best 200 rounds with 59 average.  They just have to do it again as TL.

• Oldtupp
    223 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2019 3:17 PM

Hi Jack do you have an update  on this subject . Since the introduction of tour Champion  .

my average had been going down slowly as you described  for some time ,however since the new teir was introduced my av suddenly has shot up  cheeers old tupp

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2019 4:45 PM

• jacktrade51
    10,831 Posts
    Sat, Feb 2 2019 8:43 PM

Oldtupp:

Hi Jack do you have an update  on this subject . Since the introduction of tour Champion  .

my average had been going down slowly as you described  for some time ,however since the new teir was introduced my av suddenly has shot up  cheeers old tupp

It's a little hazy because WGT has been somewhat obscure.

Best I can figure out:

Saturation point for TL to Champ has been moved from 200 to 500 rounds.  That's why some TL's are seeing their average move up.  No grandfathering; some TL averages have moved up in BD.  It's still easier to get from TL to Champ than from Legend to TL.

Champ to TC: Hazier here, but, I have been told there are different criteria for Champ to TC depending on whether you were a Champ for a (not specified) period of time before December update.  So maybe a different saturation number depending on when one became a Champ.

BD had 2 Champs in club with average under 55 who were promoted up to TC.  Two with averages 55-56 and 1 with average 56-57 who have not been.  All had plenty of rounds.  That points to a 55.00 average for TC.

As a Champ since 1/1/2018, with over 500 eligible rounds in, I had no uptick in average since the update.  I have also dropped my average by 0.2 in last 6 weeks without playing any rounds off of easy tees. That indicates to me I am being averaged across 200 rounds.  

I know this isn't model of clarity, but it's the best I know.

Tom.

P.S.  Switching me to a 500 round average should have moved my average up as soon as I played another round.

• StickemStino
    122 Posts
    Sat, Feb 2 2019 10:40 PM

So which is it? I'm so confushed. I have right around 300 ranked rounds AS a tour legend with no par 3 rounds or par 5 rounds. My average is 58.87. I thought i would of advanced to champion by now. Would really like to know what has to be done to advance. If anyone knows for sure i would be really thankfull if you would elaberate.

Thanks

• PAGES
RSS