Forums

Help › Forums

Re: On quitters in multiplayer games yet again ...

rated by 0 users
Wed, Oct 7 2009 10:03 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 1:04 PM

hbthree:

The best and proven way to avoid quitters is to join the WGT Ladder System and play only with the members of this site...HBthree

Hbthree is, for the most part, correct... although the ladders do have the occasional game ending early for various and sundry reasons...  said incomplete games are dealt with immediately on that site.

If you are interested in joining the ladder site, please feel free to search "WGT Ladder" over there ---> or visit my profile for the address.

If you really do well on the Ladder site, you may have an opportunity to knock Hbthree from the lofty perch of number 1.

Have a nice day.

• SonofAnarchy
    130 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 1:56 PM

sorry......roflmfao

• jerecramer
    1 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 3:43 PM

I would play multiplayer "Practice" but every time I go to host a game there is never anyone there and the same is when I try to join a practice game. That's why I will tell the person that I am more than likely going to bail out on the last hole.

The biggest problem with multiplayer for me is the performance of the game...the swing meter is always choppy and there is always to much lag time between shots. I make sure the "Options" are always set to use the least CPU power, but unfortunately it reduces the problems but does not eliminate them...

the best solution is to tell the other players at Tee off that you are just playing for fun or practice...eventually the WGT team will tweak the bugs and get this game running great even for slower computers...

So...If any of you see me in a game it is more than likely I am just playing multiplayer for the fun of it...

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 4:11 PM

What do you lose if you complete the round? Neviem

• phillipboomboom
    16 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 4:36 PM

Not true - went thru hassle of signing up and figuring out how to navigate  - got a round and four holes in (we were both even) he gets in trouble, takes a double then "gotta go, having trouble here at work" - wow what timing - how does ladder avoid that?  The WGT "averages" are a meaningless farce fabricated from cherry-picked rounds as everyone knows.  They should completely eliminate it except maybe for tournaments scores and implement a win/loss tracking mechanism; after all, head to head comp is the only thing real on here... can't fake that.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 4:47 PM

Such conduct is very rare on the Ladders, phillipboomboom. Besides, you record a Win in such a case as you describe, and the other person records a Loss. You are also free to relate your experience in the Ladder forums, naming names, to warn your fellow Ladder players. It's a good system and it works.

• phillipboomboom
    16 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2009 7:22 AM

Faterson - once again... you are absolutely correct.  After a few days I decided to give it another whirl.  I've played nothing but ladder matches since.  The only quits i've experienced are when the score got out of hand and opponent declared forfeit - which i think is totally appropriate.  In all such cases, loss was posted without issue.  It is a fantastic site with a great format and everyone seems to be honorable in conduct.  Hats off to WGTLS!!!

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2009 10:03 AM

Welcome to the party phillipboomboom...  it's nice to see you.

The ladders are, without a doubt, THE place for golfers among us to be.  The video gamers (who happen to be playing a golf game) generally don't congregate there, as there are consequences for acting boorish and rude.  Golf, virtual or real, is still a gentlemen's (and ladie's) game.

By the way.. do you think we could talk WGT into replacing their entire web development team with Mark Holliday?.....

• PAGES
RSS