Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Help Locating Specs of Clubs Not Listed in Pro Shop

Sun, Dec 31 2017 7:42 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Sun, Dec 31 2017 9:04 AM

Hi Robert. In mobile the locked clubs will not show up unless the "hide locked items" is unchecked. Atleast that's the way it is on my iPad Air.

Hope it helps.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sun, Dec 31 2017 10:28 AM

Dave33200:

Hi Robert. In mobile the locked clubs will not show up unless the "hide locked items" is unchecked. Atleast that's the way it is on my iPad Air.

Hope it helps.

Respectfully, you're missing the point. It's not that clubs are locked and not visible to the OP. It's the fact that the irons he's being offered (i.e., the level 54 Speed Blades) are not in the Pro Shop at all.

I understand how the clubs are displayed in the Pro Shop on the mobile platform. I've exclusively played the mobile version since I started my account in 2015. 

• dblmikeusa1
    77 Posts
    Sun, Dec 31 2017 10:36 AM

I

Robert1893:

Dave33200:

Hope it helps.

Respectfully, you're missing the point. It's not that clubs are locked and not visible to the OP. It's the fact that the irons he's being offered (i.e., the level 54 Speed Blades) are not in the Pro Shop at all.

I understand how the clubs are displayed in the Pro Shop on the mobile platform. I've exclusively played the mobile version since I started my account in 2015. 

Exactly. It's as if they don't exist anymore maybe from an advertising perspective? But because they were once part of the game they are still available?

I play real golf so I know the clubs have been out for a few years which might explain why there's no specs but at the same time if they are trying to sell something then how are you going to know if you were making an educated purchase if you don't even have the clubs listed? Seems like there would be more opportunity for them to sell items if they have specs listed versus trying to get people caught in the dark. Even for some of the stuff that is listed I would never buy it because it doesn't fit into my game so if I can see specs for stuff that is listed why would I buy something that's not???

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sun, Dec 31 2017 10:44 AM

@dblmikeusa1

Not getting the Ping irons (L59+) would be a mistake, if you're going to upgrade your irons anytime soon. And unless you have a decent CDP streak going, it's going to take a bit of time to get to the levels where the better irons are. 

Under level 80 or so, I think the Ping irons are probably the best irons in the Pro Shop. Additionally, I think they outperform their specs. They were the first iron set that I purchased. And I waited until then after searching the discussion boards on what irons to purchase. The consensus was get the Ping irons. They took me to Legend tier. Never regretted the purchase. 

As far as putters, I would wait to Level 55 to get the Rossa or Level 59 for the Sabertooth, if you really feel that you need a better putter. I basically played the starter putter until Level 70 when I got the Versa. Personally, I think that's the better approach. Regardless, if you get the putter you're thinking about, you'll replace it quite quickly as you level up (IMO). 

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Sun, Dec 31 2017 10:51 AM

You are correct, I missed the point right from the start. I only looked at the driver and not the irons. They don’t show up on my end as well. Looks like the Ben Hogan’s replaced them.

My apologies. 

Robert1893:

Dave33200:

Hope it helps.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sun, Dec 31 2017 6:34 PM

Dave33200:

You are correct, I missed the point right from the start. I only looked at the driver and not the irons. They don’t show up on my end as well. Looks like the Ben Hogan’s replaced them.

My apologies. 

No worries. Hit em straight and seldom. 😀

• PAGES
RSS