Forums

Help › Forums

Help Locating Specs of Clubs Not Listed in Pro Shop

Sun, Dec 31 2017 7:42 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • dblmikeusa1
    77 Posts
    Sat, Dec 30 2017 2:41 AM

Crunch time and I have about 12 hours to make a special Purchase. I'm being offered the level 54 Speed Blades, level 55 TM Driver, level 60 or 64 ATV wedges as a special Purchase package at this very moment.

Couple of questions I have:

1. What are the specs? Worth buying or wait?

2. Why aren't the clubs showing up in the pro shop for viewing?

Thank you for the help.

view?usp=drivesdk

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Sat, Dec 30 2017 9:58 AM

• dblmikeusa1
    77 Posts
    Sat, Dec 30 2017 10:09 AM

I eventually got the table up on my laptop, but those clubs aren't listed. Perhaps because they have been taken out of play?

view?usp=drivesdk

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sat, Dec 30 2017 11:07 AM

The wedges are there, 90+110 yds length, 700 cr each
    (missing the short distance)

Driver: 2,900 crs, 277 yds - no judgement.

Irons: Not available in shop. From their L52 I assume that they have NOT a high trajectory (L59 G25 are the first of that kind) - not recommendable.
    Price may be around 2,000 - 2,500 cr.

Clubs worth about 6,500 cr + 2,000 cr "cash" - about the amount more than the amount demanded.

But, wrong wedges, wrong irons IMHO.

Add a sleeve(?) of balls and coins - I'd not buy this package.

• dblmikeusa1
    77 Posts
    Sat, Dec 30 2017 11:16 AM

Well good thing I didn't and when I leveled up to get the R1 the package went away. It's not available anymore, but I'm glad you all can see it so perhaps these recommendations can help others. 

Fortunately I was able to pick up on enough information while I was looking for the specs that suggested that they might be more of the mid flight and high trajectory seems to be the way to go in the very near future.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sat, Dec 30 2017 11:12 PM

With the R1, your bag is perfectly equipped now!

Next stop, G25 or other "high" irons!

• Woodie312
    671 Posts
    Sun, Dec 31 2017 6:39 AM

alosso:

With the R1, your bag is perfectly equipped now!

Next stop, G25 or other "high" irons!

Agree with you alosso on the current bag, but skip the G25 range and go higher. I myself fell into that trap of gabbing new eye candy in the lvl 55-70 range. The only thing I can say is that it helped me adjust my timing to other swing rates on clubs. Almost any iron set you choose to upgrade to is going to change your meter, and the sets prior to level 85 that dont change your meter are going to hit you where you dont look at purchase time. This means that right now you have a set of clubs with a range of 110-205 and a precision of 2.5 vs a forgivness of 3.5.

Almost any set you upgrade to will gain you at most a 5yd boost on the top end, but it is going to jack up the precision while either not helping forgivness or alot of these sets actually cut it. What this means is that while a ding shot will play slightly better on dist and spin, an off-ding shot will play somewhat worse in dist and drastically worse in line.

As I said almost any set of irons you upgrade to will include a swing rate change, so I would advise looking at what your next anticipated driver & 3wd rates are then set a goal on the irons that would best complete that set.

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Sun, Dec 31 2017 7:53 AM

On mobile in the pro shop you must make sure that the box is unchecked that says “HIDE LOCKED ITEMS” other wise the clubs won’t show up. The easiest way to view and compare clubs & balls is on the PC. You can select 3 different items to do a side by side comparisons.

I have the TM M1 9.0 driver (L55) and still use it today even though I’m at L89. I won’t upgrade till I hit at least L100 or L103 (unless WGT puts something new in the mix).

However, with your current driver TM TP 9.0 L48 I see no reason to upgrade unless you just want a slower meter speed, which won’t be a big difference. The rest of your other clubs I agree with the rest as they are fine till you hit L59 Ping G25 irons.

I know this post is too late as my posts MUST be approved before posted???????????????

dblmikeusa1:

Crunch time and I have about 12 hours to make a special Purchase. I'm being offered the level 54 Speed Blades, level 55 TM Driver, level 60 or 64 ATV wedges as a special Purchase package at this very moment.

Couple of questions I have:

1. What are the specs? Worth buying or wait?

2. Why aren't the clubs showing up in the pro shop for viewing?

Thank you for the help.

view?usp=drivesdk

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Sun, Dec 31 2017 8:46 AM

Dave33200:
    On mobile in the pro shop you must make sure that the box is unchecked that says “HIDE LOCKED ITEMS” other wise the clubs won’t show up.

The OP wasn't referring to items that were simply locked. The items that he was referring to aren't in the pro shop at all.

By the way, everyone is moderated for about the first 35 to 40 posts (not counting posts to a country club's forum). If you're not taken off moderation automatically after achieving that number, just post a request to be taken off moderation to a moderator's wall.  

• dblmikeusa1
    77 Posts
    Sun, Dec 31 2017 8:52 AM

I appreciate the feedback. Yeah I see a lot of people suggesting to get those pings at 59 but I'm not so hard pressed for high lofts because the driver gets me far enough down range to where  I'm not exactly always hitting a low or mid iron, so I quite frequently get into the under 7 Iron Range so Lofts aren't exactly a factor for me at the moment, but that will probably change when I move back a tee box.

While I am considering how to build the set as I go on, speeds of the meter, precision, and forgiveness are an important factor because as it stands now that seems to be where I'm losing out more than ever because I find myself off-center quite a bit because I'm not a ding player. I'm adjusting to what I have now, so those numbers are important to me and I'll pick and choose as I go, but for now I'm not interested in the Ping's because it seems like it would change my entire bag too much with the meter speed, precision, and forgiveness and I like the fact that everything is equal.

If I change anything at this point I may end up going to the level 47 tank putter simply because I seem to be missing a little bit but I'm not entirely exactly sold that it would improve my game as I am more of an off the ding type of player.

• PAGES
RSS