Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WTF WGT

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 28 2009 10:08 AM (9 replies)
  • mrboo
    211 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2009 7:01 PM

I been posting about giving this game some life, with some simple bird sounds for quite some time. You guys haven't told me it's a stupid idea or a good one. Oh but you go and lock my post about it. I see how it is. Pretty lame guys, thanks for nothing. Go ahead lock this one too. I'll just make another one. Or will I be "banned" from the forums for making product suggestions in the category...PRODUCT SUGGESTIONS. I see a lot worse spam and BS then I what I am asking for. Sure they get off topic, it's not much of a topic to begin with. But a simple yes or no is all I am looking for, then I'll stfu. 

TWEET TWEET

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2009 7:14 PM

Personally I like the idea of chirping birds.   Or an eagle's screetch.  A siren or jet taking off in the background if the course is in an urban area. And maybe a gallery and the applause that goes with it, like in Microsoft Links.  But on the whole I'm quite happy with what we've got.  I'm neutral here.  My barbequed chicken is almost ready... life is good... go life go.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2009 7:16 PM

Didn't you know Mrboo?  Ponies are ok, birds are on the ban list.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2009 7:34 PM

Well.. you know there is a difference between giving someone a pony and giving them the bird.... right?

(Not sure you folks across the pond will understand that..I hope you do!)

But, MrBoo is right... we want wildlife dammit!

Make it happen!!!

• resozv
    895 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2009 8:06 PM

Will there be any other wildlife?

1,644 Posts
    Mon, Sep 28 2009 6:10 AM

They really need the honkers out there... the good 'ol Canadian Geese!  These damn things are EVERYWHERE!  I actually saw some on the course in Arizona!!!

And no... this is not me and it is not from AZ... just some random pic.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Mon, Sep 28 2009 7:08 AM

I played on a course several years ago in the U.S., just a couple miles across the border  from Vancouver B.C.   It had Canadian geese everywhere!  And it also had their droppings!  Not a lot of fun to putt around.  Now, if WGT is going to add the geese and be totally realistic...

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Mon, Sep 28 2009 7:43 AM

A course I`ve played in New England has a plastic coyote in a running position set-up by the water to deter the geese from hanging around. It doesn`t really help but, it`s comical to see a cartoonish(Wile-E-Coyote) aspect in real life golf and not just on a video game.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Mon, Sep 28 2009 7:51 AM

There's a pack of live coyotes on one of the courses I play.  They even named their restaurant the Coyote Grill.  When they set up howling across the course it soounds like a pack of drunk golfers winning big money in a skins game!

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Mon, Sep 28 2009 10:08 AM

How does coyote taste? I`ve never tried it grilled, broiled, or otherwise.  Back to the topic. I`d love to hear birds in the background rather than the "new age elevator music" which I can`t shut off quick enough every time I clear my flash. I can`t seem to get enough of the other birds, so I`d atleast like to hear them!

RSS