Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Too many emails

rated by 0 users
Tue, Nov 21 2017 4:16 AM (8 replies)
  • Rick44940
    8 Posts
    Sun, Nov 19 2017 9:50 AM

I’m getting far too many emails from WGT! This morning I’ve gotten eight invitations to tournaments. I will find tournaments on my own if I wish. I don’t appreciate getting a full email box of invitations. I cannot find anywhere on the website to illuminate this hassle. I also can’t find any email to complain directly instead of via the forum. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it. Thank you.

• HittyHard
    775 Posts
    Sun, Nov 19 2017 10:58 AM

Go to "ACCOUNT" above the "PLAY NOW" button, select "CONTACT INFO" and deselect the relevant email notifications you don't want to receive. I suspect the "Receive WGT updates and news" is currently selected?

Gary.

• Rick44940
    8 Posts
    Sun, Nov 19 2017 11:09 AM

HittyHard:

Go to "ACCOUNT" above the "PLAY NOW" button, select "CONTACT INFO" and deselect the relevant email notifications you don't want to receive. I suspect the "Receive WGT updates and news" is currently selected?

Gary.

Thank you Gary. I did it this morning but still get the invites. How long does it take to become effective?

• HittyHard
    775 Posts
    Sun, Nov 19 2017 10:27 PM

I believe 2 or 3 days.

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Mon, Nov 20 2017 1:08 AM

Mind you that some of the email notifications cannot be influenced in the settings. They are "necessary" (WGT speak) / "inescapable" (user speak).

Ways out are on the user's side:

- kill filter WGT mails, or

- insert a mail address of yours which you don't read.

Note aside: use of non-existant addresses is evil!

My remedy is a watch filter in my mail program, moving WGT mails to a special folder. This provides a fast means of scanning over them.

• Woodie312
    671 Posts
    Mon, Nov 20 2017 6:51 AM

alosso:

Mind you that some of the email notifications cannot be influenced in the settings. They are "necessary" (WGT speak) / "inescapable" (user speak).

My remedy is a watch filter in my mail program, moving WGT mails to a special folder. This provides a fast means of scanning over them.

I have this also and it works great for me, I have it move em and mark them as read. That way I dont even get the notification on my phone about a new email. But as a club owner I do have to go scan/purge them daily in case of member notifications.

• JMay2131
    142 Posts
    Mon, Nov 20 2017 6:54 AM

in your email just mark them as spam all done never get anything again from wgt

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Nov 20 2017 9:58 AM

I fixed it by taking WGT off my mail list and then checking the box for wgt news again

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Nov 21 2017 4:16 AM

DonCaron:

I fixed it by taking WGT off my mail list and then checking the box for wgt news again

This worked in that I only get 1 email. That works for me

RSS