skip nav

Forums

Re: ***The Andyson Memorial Matchplay 2017***

Fri, Oct 27 2017 5:56 PM by Leggoman13. 325 replies.
  • opyeuclid United States
    6,271 Posts
    Mon, Oct 16 2017 4:58 PM
    Dear WGT ,, Thank you ......Fore letting us find this game and make the Friends ....To see how a Community gathers together and make This tourney Special.....
  • pdb1 United States
    20,252 Posts
    Mon, Oct 16 2017 10:14 PM

And a beautiful trophy to go with the winner Darek the 2017 representitive for Andyson and his memory and impact . Untill the 2018 Andyson Memorial Tournament . Well done .

Someone said something like . he wonders what would have happened if he had come to the forum and not found PaulTon's 2017 Andyson Memorial Tournament . 

Scary thought huh ?

Well it's a good damn thing Paulton is never going to let that happen . 

This years 2017 Andyson Memorial Tournament  . From sign in to finish took some 105 days .

4 threads and 117 pages .

I think 169 players . 

Absolutely the biggest and best and funnest single event I have ever participated in here . There have been many GR8 events over the years . 

But nothing with this much heart and sole . All to commemorate the one GR8 man that deserves all this . And it means so much more NOW . That it is Created and Run by his WGT friends and players . And be this succesful . For the purposes of celabrating GR8 memories , playing fun golf , making new friends , Giving throughout , giving to charities . a gathering of at least 169 players with good souls and intent . With no fees or charges or any concern of money at all . 

To read through the 4 threads . To read and hear the friendships new and old . To read the sincere gratutude and thanx from so many .

Made the choice on which way to go in this years memorial for me difficult again . it would have been cool to capture all the GR8 and funny remarks . All the heartfelt thanx .

As much of that as there was . would have been too much of an undertakoing . And too long and yes boring . 

So this year . I have instead captured all of the artwork and videos . From the sign in , round 1 , round 2 , the matchplay rounds . Combined them all into the tribute . With a few posts along the way . With all the pposts from the semi finals to the end . 

Pretty good stuff . And a lot of work and editing and altering of the difference btween the format here and of my website . Just to make it as clean and colorful as i could . 

I think you will enjoy My 2017 Trbute to the Andyson Memorial Tournament . 

2017 ANDYSON MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT

BTW there is a new trophy awarded to one of the crew on page 26 .

• bery111 United Kingdom
    3,858 Posts
    Tue, Oct 17 2017 1:39 AM
    Hats off to everyone! Brilliant Memorial enjoyed by all! Let's all raise a huge glass of your preferred plonk to Dennis!
  • mystry78 United States
    759 Posts
    Wed, Oct 18 2017 4:52 PM

There was one more piece of business to take care of for me here.........     I just went to springerrescue.org and made a donation in memory of Dennis Anderson. I believe this was one of Andyson's favorite charities....  It's been a pleasure to take part in this great event for a great guy.      Frank

• Bowl64 Sweden
    2,815 Posts
    Thu, Oct 19 2017 2:10 PM
    Congratulations to the winner, Darek, and thanks so much to the organizers of this event :)))........//Bjorn
  • Leggoman13 Canada
    5,958 Posts
    Fri, Oct 27 2017 5:56 PM
    Been away from forums lately. I am a tad behind and slowly getting up to par with postings Congrats Darek in winning this awesome fun tourney Paul resumed it very well on page one, with the great looking trophy it was a huge turn out and much fun. Combined with great interaction and get together To all involved, that contributed to organise this event. I would like to give you a huge thank you and respectfully bowing to you all, great hard work. It has been appreciated and rewarded by a huge turn out and great participation throughout the globe. Cheers to you Andy cheers all May you all be well and safe Pierre :o)
RSS