Forums

Help › Forums

***The Andyson Memorial Matchplay 2017***

Fri, Oct 27 2017 5:56 PM (325 replies)
  • phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sat, Oct 14 2017 10:03 PM
    A big tip of my cap to Paul and everyone who organized things, along with another one to Darek2 on his win. A final one to the WGT community for honoring our friend again this year. You guys did him proud.
  • alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Sat, Oct 14 2017 10:16 PM
    Congrats Darek for the honor of winning, and also to Frank for making the final.

But this tournament means far more than mere results, so in my book, everyone who participated and raised their glass (or coffee mug) are winners.

Thanks to Paulton and his helpers -you guys are legends and thanks for running this again....and hopefully we will have a 3rd edition next year.

Finally, I raise my glass to Dennis......may the WGT Andyson legacy never be forgotten.
  • RoggRR
    582 Posts
    Sat, Oct 14 2017 10:33 PM
    alanti:
    Congrats Darek for the honor of winning, and also to Frank for making the final.

But this tournament means far more than mere results, so in my book, everyone who participated and raised their glass (or coffee mug) are winners.

Thanks to Paulton and his helpers
    +1 .... see you next time ..... good luck all
  • mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sun, Oct 15 2017 6:47 AM
    RoggRR:
    alanti:

Thanks to Paulton and his helpers
    +1 .... see you next time
    +2
  • PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Oct 15 2017 11:20 AM
  • darek2
    1,872 Posts
    Sun, Oct 15 2017 1:04 PM
    I'm & tvm all , gl next time , was my privilege to play
  • drmoose
    3,531 Posts
    Sun, Oct 15 2017 3:16 PM
    Congrats to our 2nd Annual Andyson winner, Darek, in this fun, community organised event, where friendships were made, and toasts were raised, in remembrance of Dennis (Andyson) Anderson, perhaps one of the greatest contributors to the social aspect of this game that WGT / Topgolf will ever have. I'm sure most of the forum followers would agree, we are very unlikely to see such a talented, informative, humorous individual grace these forums again. A toast to all you fine people who participated in keeping the tradition alive. Play well an' we hope to see you all again next year. Doc:)
  • TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Mon, Oct 16 2017 1:32 AM
    drmoose:
    Congrats to our 2nd Annual Andyson winner, Darek, in this fun, community organised event, where friendships were made, and toasts were raised, in remembrance of Dennis (Andyson) Anderson, perhaps one of the greatest contributors to the social aspect of this game that WGT / Topgolf will ever have. I'm sure most of the forum followers would agree, we are very unlikely to see such a talented, informative, humorous individual grace these forums again. A toast to all you fine people who participated in keeping the tradition alive. Play well an' we hope to see you all again next year. Doc:)
    Absolutely Drmoose. I said it before, and will say it again. I have not been playing WGT as much as i used to. I had a reminder set up for the Annivarsary of Dennis, and when i saw that reminder pop up, i came back onto the forums in the hope that the Memorial would be up and running again. I was delighted to see that it was being held again this year, and i had to participate in honour of Dennis. So, a huge shout out to everyone who organised, played, and remembered the good times. And a huge congrats to the winner Darek. Well done all, you should all be proud of yourselves. But my biggest shout out goes to Paulton, because there is no telling if the memorial would have been held again this year if Paul hadnt set it up. Well done all.
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Oct 16 2017 6:50 AM
    Congratulations Derek
  • K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Mon, Oct 16 2017 8:44 AM
    +1 Great tournament, fine champion and exactly what the WGT community is all about at it's best. Thank you, everyone.
RSS