Forums

Help › Forums

Re: What to upgrade next and When

Fri, Jul 28 2017 11:51 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BigTrap
    29 Posts
    Fri, Jul 21 2017 12:52 PM

I was thinking this relative to the OP topic because I just dont get the lines/increments thing.

• SlicedPepper
    796 Posts
    Sat, Jul 22 2017 7:19 AM

I use a Red Spider putter. Lvl 94+. 

For me it works great. Naturally, all uphill putts will take more power, and has for more power on level putts, it depends on the green speed.

I also use the Callaway Lvl 85+ irons. Best irons out there as far as I'm concerned.

Good meter speed and more accurate in wind conditions.

You do have to take into consideration your style of play also. Do you use backspin or topspin on certain shots? Are you going at the pin or planning a roll up shot?

Balls can make a big difference there. As someone else said, the lvl 33 Callies are a good all around ball and less expensive. Balls with more spin will go farther left or right in wind conditions, left to right or right to left, when using backspin. The longer the ball is in the air the farther it will move in the direction of the wind. Keep that in mind.

Good luck out there.

SP

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Sat, Jul 22 2017 9:33 AM

If not mistaken the new red spider putters replaced the nikes . So what WGT did was a graphics switch just like with the Callaway irons and drivers . There maybe a slight difference but it wont be much . The nike putters had that same glitch , you had to use more power to putt than other putters or you always came up short .

• flatstick96
    208 Posts
    Fri, Jul 28 2017 11:23 AM

Like you I'm at L88, and like you, I played the L48 TM driver since I first unlocked it forty levels ago.  I LOVE the L48 TM, and thought it a game changer back when I bought it.  I recently replaced it with the L88 BB, and I'm glad I did.  Total rated distance between the two is not hugely different, but the BB has much more carry and much less roll out; that, coupled with slightly more spin, makes it the far more versatile of the two drivers, in my opinion.  I'm very glad I bought it.

If you ever decide you want a little more distance out of your 3W, the L81 Ping is easy to hit and comparatively inexpensive.

Someone here mentioned the L83 G25 irons, which is what I currently play.  Before that I had the L59 G25 which you are using currently.  I like both sets very much.  I upgraded to the L83 because someone in my club offered to buy my a new set of irons, but if that hadn't happened, I'd still have the L59 and I'd be very happy playing them.  Whichever way you go here, you're fine.  Lots of guys in my club swear by the L85 Callaways, but I prefer the slightly faster 3.5 meter of the Pings.

I gave you my putter thoughts in your other thread. And of course, you're set on wedges.

EDIT: I should note that, to this point, I've only played with cheapo balls (B-ES). So take that into account when considering my input.

• colinjones0
    430 Posts
    Fri, Jul 28 2017 11:51 AM

Thanks to all for your help

• PAGES
RSS