Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Offensive

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 9 2009 9:13 AM (26 replies)
  • cobra4
    359 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2009 3:09 AM

And here's me thinking the americans had a sense of humour.....good grief,the odd picture of a bit of cleavage or a marajuana leaf.

Stop the world i want to get off !

• rustynipples
    199 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2009 5:56 AM

As much as I love both of those things, I think it is more about the game of golf and how realistic they want this game to be. Although I wish there was more of it, it is not often you see someone smoking pot or a woman in lingerie out on the golf course.

• cobra4
    359 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2009 6:02 AM

Quote... Although I wish there was more of it, it is not often you see someone smoking pot or a woman in lingerie out on the golf course.

Come to England Rustynipples there's plenty of it here.

• rustynipples
    199 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2009 6:19 AM

I apologize cobra, I honestly didn't think about the rest of the world when I made that post xD. a little self centered I guess. If that is true, that is badass

• Lysti
    323 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2009 6:28 AM

• bluescouse
    1,185 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2009 8:02 AM

Have to agree with Lysti's comments, and I have got previous for raising these and similar concerns. I may get accused of being a killjoy or a prude from certain quarters, but I simply can't for the life of me understand why these cretin's would use a golf site to get their rocks off. And switching on the site, as I did yesterday, and being greeted by a picture of a new member, with his own 'member' in his hand is not what I want to see on an empty stomach.

And believe me, there is much worse on here than scantily-clad men and women (or GIRLS!). I've seen pictures of hitler alongside names with reference to jewish people, the N-word used in avatar's, and numerous other deeply disturbing names and images.

The problem is still to be adequately addressed by WGT in my opinion, but if it is to be a responsible service provider, then it has a duty of care to it's customer's not to expose them to this kind of material. If it can't handle that level of responsibility, then it should at least simply block people from using their own pictures as a starting point, as someone here has already suggested.

Sean

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2009 9:13 AM

Let's not pour out the baby along with the bath tub water, or whetever the idiom is. If you truly see an offensive avatar picture, report it to members@worldgolftour.com and I'm sure WGT will delete such an avatar picture (& the user account) promptly. If you bother them because of photographs of women in bikinis, though, I'm afraid they might ignore you.

The worst solution would be to forbid users to use their own avatars. It's one of the worst bugs over at TWO currently: users are not allowed to upload their own avatars, so looking at the TWO discussion forum, you get the impression as if the same guy was continuously talking to himself, only changing his shirt every 5 minutes or so. It's impossible to see, at a glance, who's talking to whom in any forum thread. Let's not allow that to happen here in the WGT forum; this forum already is hampered by a fair number of severe functionality bugs, so we shouldn't artifiicially introduce additional bugs.

RSS