Re: A "WTH" SHOT

rated by 0 users
Tue, Feb 21 2017 7:57 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • hendmar50
    350 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2017 1:36 PM

replay.aspx?ID=f6f128dd 0f4b 48e5 abd6 a6ff013db335  

Can somebody give me an honest explanation of this shot!! It does go in the hole! 

• olliehe
    167 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2017 5:57 PM

landed on the moon

• 0000rb3
    268 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2017 6:32 PM

I think what had happened was.....

It went in the hole....flagstick hit and gurgle of ball in cup.

However, a gopher had eaten out the side of the hole. The ball entered the hole with such force that it shot it through the hole in side of cup, up through the gopher hole and out the other end of the gopher hole out in the fescue. As for the trajectory, I think some of Carl Spacklers demilitions went off as it exited the hole. Ball must've hit a trip wire or something...lol

• Robbo81303
    411 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2017 6:39 PM

It's called "Realistic Game Physics" or so I've been told.

• msulaman
    448 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2017 6:54 PM

It's a bug in the programming. It's also the reason that many of the best players pull the pin before they hit an approach shot. If the pin is not in the hole when you hit the shot, you 'generally' do not get unpredictable results like that.

You can replace the pin after you hit the shot (while the ball is still in the air) if you want to see where the ball is landing in relation to the pin. The calculations for your shot are done as soon as you hit the ball so it won't affect the results if you replace the pin before the ball gets to the green.

If you lost the ball, send a help request to wgt and explain the situation. They will probably refund your ball. If you just ended up in the boondocks, take your bogie and move on to the next hole.

• DocFox54
    294 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2017 7:24 PM

I'm not sure what happened, but I hear NASA is trying to get in touch with you.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Wed, Feb 15 2017 9:50 AM

Do send it to CS. They'll most likely at least give you the ball back. Not much recompense for going from eagle to whatever. 

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Feb 15 2017 10:39 AM

msulaman:
    It's a bug in the programming. It's also the reason that many of the best players pull the pin before they hit an approach shot. If the pin is not in the hole when you hit the shot, you 'generally' do not get unpredictable results like that.

This is the answer ^^^

• hendmar50
    350 Posts
    Thu, Feb 16 2017 12:37 PM

msulaman:

This is the answer ^^^

I get the removing the pin thing but are you saying this wouldn't have happened if the pin wasn't there?

• duffputt
    314 Posts
    Fri, Feb 17 2017 4:50 AM

I've done that also and it gave me my longest 3 iron here on WGT.

Carry Hole-in-one n no 3 on Sct. George -> pooof out of the hole and total distance 395 yards.

• PAGES
RSS