Help › Forums

Re: Driver Off The Fairway

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 19 2011 1:01 PM (9 replies)
  • BJORNAGAIN1
    382 Posts
    Mon, Apr 18 2011 2:54 PM

Hi all,

Just wondering if it is possible for WGT to tweak this wonderful game a little whereby we could use a driver off the fairway where we have a good lie as it would be nice to reach those long par 5's in 2.

At present when I play a driver off the fairway the ball usually just runs like a skimmed cat for 170-180 yards if  I am   lucky.

Now I know we have a 3 wood in the bag but come on guys lets be a little adventurous.

When I play this game for real I can hit my driver off the fairway and I am sure the Pro's out there can to.

It gives us another weapon in the armoury to defeat those tuff windy courses!!

Opinions would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Bjorn

• lazerl
    74 Posts
    Mon, Apr 18 2011 3:08 PM

i agree

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Apr 18 2011 7:03 PM

Hi,

I do not think this will happen

-wgticon

• BJORNAGAIN1
    382 Posts
    Tue, Apr 19 2011 5:45 AM

Thanks wgticon

I thought it would be worth a suggestion.

I guess it's better to keep this game more difficult and more challenging.

Worth a try don't you think?

Bjorn.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Apr 19 2011 6:59 AM

BJORNAGAIN1:

Thanks wgticon

I thought it would be worth a suggestion.

I guess it's better to keep this game more difficult and more challenging.

Worth a try don't you think?

Bjorn.

definately :)

• Cleworthy
    3,466 Posts
    Tue, Apr 19 2011 7:15 AM

Along these lines, is it possible to chip on a green?  Seems like I tried this once and it went nowhere.  On 100' putts this might be a preferable option (think St. A).  I have seen pros do this IRL.  Thanks.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Apr 19 2011 7:16 AM

BJORNAGAIN1:
    At present when I play a driver off the fairway the ball usually just runs like a skimmed cat for 170-180 yards if  I am   lucky.

Punch it with top spin-rolls forever.  :-)

• BJORNAGAIN1
    382 Posts
    Tue, Apr 19 2011 11:43 AM

Thanks Yankee Jim I might just try that.

That's  what I love about this forum you just keep on learning about this wonderful game each day.

I can't be sure if I learn more on the forums to improve my game or whether just to keep on practicing on the courses LOL !!!!

Many Thanks All.

Bjorn

• Steelers75
    239 Posts
    Tue, Apr 19 2011 12:06 PM

Cleworthy:

Along these lines, is it possible to chip on a green?  Seems like I tried this once and it went nowhere.  On 100' putts this might be a preferable option (think St. A).  I have seen pros do this IRL.  Thanks.

You can punch with a wedge on the green.  It does take practice as full backspin is required most of the time to keep the ball from shooting off of the green.  So far, with my wedges I have to punch twice the distance, at a minimum to get the ball close to the tee (can't get under the ball on the green).

Hope this helps!  Best of luck!

• Cleworthy
    3,466 Posts
    Tue, Apr 19 2011 1:01 PM

Thanks, Steelers I'll give it a try.

RSS