Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Flash update help

rated by 0 users
Sun, Apr 17 2011 10:44 PM (6 replies)
  • OkieX
    175 Posts
    Sun, Apr 17 2011 8:46 AM

I'm one of the many  who  months ago got an unplayable meter after upgrading to the Adobe Flash 10. 1 or whatever it was.

There have been many updates since then I believe and I have  avoided them all for the sake of the finicky meter.   

It is a sacrifice that is growing larger and that is the ability to view and use other content on other sites and with other apps.   

I haven't heard much moaning groaning lately over any Flash upgrades so maybe past issues have been smoothed out?    Is it safe to upgrade to Flash 10.2? 

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sun, Apr 17 2011 10:04 AM

I use the flash 10.3 beta and the new firefox and have very few problems.

One of the problems with so many different systems is what works great for one is complete crap for others.

Many people love Chrome, but for me it is a mess.

So the firm answer about upgrading to flash 10.2 is ............ maybe.

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sun, Apr 17 2011 10:16 AM

I know what you mean Soul. For me Firefox is crap and Chrome is decent only I have went to either Chrome Iron or Camodo Dragon, Both work for me much better than either Firefox or Chrome.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Sun, Apr 17 2011 10:19 AM

I use flash 10.3 beta.  It has a distinct advantage over other versions, is that your settings are  managed locally on your computer.   You can set auto-updates feature to off.  Also it integrates nicely with firefox 4.0 and 3.6.16.  As for the meter, every computer is different. For me to comment on my computer and compare it to another is difficult to say the least.

Keep away from third party tool bars  (commonly they are referred to as a browser hijacker).

Shade

• AHudd
    104 Posts
    Sun, Apr 17 2011 12:41 PM

Hey Okie..keep the old install flash player on your computer unless your using chrome(obviously you dont b/c it upgrades itself) so when/if u decide to upgrade to flash version 10.2 and it if it doesnt work well just uninstall that and install your old one..just make sure you keep the old install flash player saved on your comp so you can go back to it. 

• OkieX
    175 Posts
    Sun, Apr 17 2011 2:02 PM

Well I'm happy to report that Flash 10.2 is installed and working great.

WGT main page, game lobby, game client......everything is loading faster and running smoother.   Just played a CTTH and Alt shot without a single meter jack.

I use Iron and was using Flash 10,0,45,2.   Had tried installing 10.1 way back when and had to revert back to 10.0.    

Good luck out there.

• Tresclub
    934 Posts
    Sun, Apr 17 2011 10:44 PM

I am using Flash version WIN 10,3,180,42 with Comodo Dragon browser on a WinXP system.  Great combination for me.

RSS