Forums

Help › Forums

Re: What Course Can One Only Play Via WGT?

Mon, Oct 24 2016 3:25 PM (27 replies)
  • YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2016 10:16 AM

Winners & Whatnots Coming Up Shortly
    Came Down To Some Deep Quantum Mechanics
    Just Saying

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2016 11:39 AM

YancyCan:

So I have two words on all this:
    "SuperPosition"

When viewed thru a superposition perspective everything changes. Allegedly

The scenario presents a golf course that may be simultaneously both open and closed,
    a state known as a quantum superposition, as a result of being linked to a random
    subatomic event that may or may not occur.

The famous EPR article - named after its authors Einstein, Podolsky, and Rosen—in 1935 highlighted the strange nature of quantum superpositions, in which a quantum system such as an atom or photon can exist as a combination of multiple states corresponding to different possible outcomes. The prevailing theory, called the Copenhagen interpretation, said that a quantum system remained in this superposition until it interacted with, or was observed by, the external world, at which time the superposition collapses into one or another of the possible definite states.

So what it comes out to here is that a golf course eventually becomes open & closed simultaneously. Yet when one checks to see if the golf course is open, they see the course is either open or closed, not both open and closed. This poses the question of when exactly quantum superposition ends and reality collapses into one possibility or the other. The example best known is called "Schrodingers Cat" - (intriguables that 'dinger' is part of his name).

So if you look at the question posed on Friday -- ALL of the replies would be correct.
    ALL golf courses are open & closed until interacted with -- when viewed with superposition lenses

Therefore -- everyone whom named a course above will be receiving a sleeve of WGT Kitty golf balls now - from WGT ProShop:
    "Meow, meow, meow." Translation: This virtual golf ball features an adorable gray cat face and meows to cheer you on with every shot! This one's a great gift for all your cat-loving WGT friends. (Inspired by one of our own, Gouda the cat.) 

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2016 12:06 PM

damn you're out there brother(lol) , i love it ! keep doing what you do ...

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2016 12:53 PM

filmslayer:
    keep doing what you do ...

Thanks Friend! Humbly appreciatables here.

Just found this on my motion-activated night cam - I pulled an all-night bender on this one:

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2016 1:41 PM

Thanks so much, Yancy! You one cool cat!

- Zag

• fairground11
    1,211 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2016 1:51 PM

thank you for my gift of balls mr yancy

• craigswan
    30,983 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2016 2:16 PM

THANKS YANCY .

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2016 3:25 PM

Thanks for the nods friends.
    But truly, you alls made this little trivia contest into something much more intriguables.

I knew once Professor Z chimed in -- it was gonna be a long weekend. Only made it thru  because of the great posts about yet ANOTHER course being closed on the fly by local WGT legend CraigSwan.

Sincerely, I am Yancy
    @TeamYancy

RSS