Forums

Help › Forums

What Course Can One Only Play Via WGT?

Mon, Oct 24 2016 3:25 PM (27 replies)
  • YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2016 1:06 PM

The It's Finally Friday Trivia Question

One of the golfing courses all up here on WGT is not open to anyone outside of the virtual golfing world. Not Tiger Woods nor Brooke Henderson, or even Jack Nicklaus.

Not an unanswerable question here -- but has spoofed up a few peeps that I proferred this up to before this postable. So any WGTer can let people know that they have access to a major golf course that at this time - is not offering a game to anyone.

First Johnny On The Spot to post the right course here gets a sleeve of MLB golf balls to acknowledgeblas the current playoffs & upcoming World Series! Yes, its a cheap prize but I got bored and its coming out of my wallet. Don't like it --- Move along nothing to see here

Starts ........ Now

---- Yancy
    @TeamYancy

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2016 1:56 PM

This question... hmmm 

It's Tricky 

• craigswan
    30,973 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2016 2:07 PM

egewood Tahoe is closed for the winter .

do not want your balls yancy .

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2016 2:56 PM

craigswan:
    egewood Tahoe is closed for the winter

CraigSwan always busting in & shaking up things here in the WGT forums. Due to the lack of knowledge of Edgewood Tahoe being closed for the winter -- I am gonna play the spelling card on your answer. You indeed mis-spelled the Edgewood as Egewood, and as anyone whom what has read any of my posts in the before times & whatnots, knows that I am a hard stickler when it comes to proper spelling and punctuation. I am of the apologables, but we is gunna half to disqualify your entry. HOWEVER -- the cool pich shots into the beer pitchers is pretty sweet - and you wisely "passed on my balls" - I am sending you a sleeve of the "Beer Balls" from WGT proshop.

So - contest continues on due to a technable and such. As always when I do giveaways like this one, if you will not accept "my balls" - then you MUST receive a Yancy Mystery Package in place of said balls. Also - you can choose the package straight up by saying so. It would be kind if you said (our winner) "I will take the mystery package" - rather than "Yancy, I don't want your balls" - nuff said. I appreciate Craig coming right out with that so I can avoid having 100 guys (and gals prolly) tell me this clever jab - its funny right now, but not on round #50. LOL - You guys all get this stuff.

Whose got this?

-- Yancy

• craigswan
    30,973 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2016 3:26 PM

edgewood Tahoe /

there you go yankie .

didn't no the spelling police were hear .

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2016 8:02 PM

Edgewood Tahoe? 

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2016 12:14 AM

MrFunnyWobbl:
    Edgewood Tahoe? 

Hello MrFunnyWobbl - My name is Yancy

Answering in the form of a question would have worked during the "WGT Jeapordy" game a couple years back. Was hosted by myself (This is Yancy) with the art and behind the scenes work done by late WGTer -- "AndySon"

Your in the tee box buddy, ball teed up, you checked the wind and are about to pound this one straight down the middle of the fairway... Please try again. Take a more closelier look around the courses what be up here and such again maybes.

Sincerely, Yancy --- <this post was edited - 2:16am PST>

PS: props to craigswan for being a clever wordsmith - enjoy the beer balls - well played

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2016 1:08 AM

Hmmm. Ponderables!

A course at Sandwich, England, with a nuclear reactor in the background can be played only on WGT, as said reactor has been bulldozed in real life.

And Best of Bandon is a mashup of holes from several courses at Bandon.

- Zag

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2016 2:00 AM

zagraniczniak:
    Hmmm. Ponderables!

Things just got real - zagraniczniak is checking in on this, and as always has flipped the model here into an existential conundrum and brought to the table strong arguments for a number of courses all up here.

Just in time - as while beginning with the one course that was verified yesterday by a phone call to another golf course in that arena by myself (I am Yancy) as non-functioning - But now, all bets are off. Anyone who can make a strong argument that a certain course here on WGT is not "playable" in the non-virtual regions will win their own MLB sleeve of balls. Up to one sleeve per course all up here. However, you got to sell your reasons - even when they seem outrageous and whatnots. Original course still to be identified.

Back down for another powernap
    THX - I am Yancy

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2016 3:34 AM

Harbour Town closed for storm repairs until November!

https://www.seapines.com/reopening-schedule/

RSS