Customer: “Okay, so can I get a tee time for 2:00?”

Me: “Sure. How many people?”

Customer: “Just me.”

Me: “Okay, and golf cart or walking?”

Customer: “Oh, I’m not golfing. I’m just coming to pick up the cashews!”

• craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2016 6:44 AM

The freak Scottish weather of late continued with a number of courses in the home of golf closed on Friday due to… snow! St Andrews old course is shut .

Just days from November , widespread snow  flurries wreaked havoc on Thursday and into the night as, in the space of a week, the temperature dropped from 19 degrees to minus five.

The famous old course at st Andrews  was one of the clubs closed and, despite being situated just  20 metres  above sea level, club manager George Cuthill said he hadn’t seen anything like this in his time in the position.

“We’ve got four inches of snow on the course and my greenkeeper said this morning it was 1981 the last time we had snow at this time of year,” he said. “I’ve been here for 26 years and I can’t recollect just before a holiday weekend in November  being closed for snow.”

Shiver me timbers .

Club member craigswan   was heard to comment .

I will get those free set of balls from yancy if it kills me .

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2016 9:03 AM

Koele

If I win, due to computer issues, I would donate the prize to someone else.

For example the 2nd, 3rd or 4th winner of the andyson tourny

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2016 11:15 AM

ONE can play every course yancy

just dont invite any other player

unless you worded question wrong

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2016 11:17 AM

JFidanza:
    Koele

Nailed it friend. Well played.
    This is the course that I verified by phone (video of the phone call out asaps) as being closed to play. The story as to why, how long, who bought it, and whats next is of the intriguables if you follow the golfable industry and such. But if I try to summarize that all up in here it would be a 3 page Yancy ramble. Goggle it if you are of the curious.

Now due to the "Z-Effect" that was layed down here yesterday, please let me analyze the other entries - and its looking like multiple winners have literally come crashing into the winners circle like the Incredible Hulk used to crash thru walls in the old 70's TV series.

Regards, I am Yancy
    @TeamYancy

PS -- Check back here soon as the audio of me (I am Yancy) talking to the ProShop all up on non-virtual Koele was quite the discussion

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2016 11:25 AM

My prize balls can be donated, 2nd prize for the runner up on the Andy Tourny.

(if that's a good suggestion and doable and whatnots, of course)

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/425047.aspx

• fairground11
    1,211 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2016 3:07 PM

any of the best of courses can only be played on wgt

and possibly any ctth

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Sun, Oct 23 2016 1:47 AM

With all the possibles, but not confirmables winners above, I am gonna have to bring Medford Mel in on this now. With the philosophical ones, and also the straight at you ones, this is too much for one man's brain to take on respectively. Plus - you all make some interesting points and whatbnots.

Our roundtable shall convene Sunday 12pm PST --- and go till its done. The contest is closed to new entries. However, those whom posted above can bring forth and reveal any more info or talking points as needed.

Winners posted Monday AM - Any prizes right after will be sent

I am gonna sleep down by the creek, behind the down fir tree, just take awhile and try to clear my head. Like..."If you hit a virtual golf ball on a course closed in reality, does anyone hear it & big questions like that there.

Regards, I am Yancy
    @TeamYancy

• craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Sun, Oct 23 2016 3:53 AM

Cabo del sol golf course  is closed after sink hole opens up .

Today the sinkhole is twelve times larger than its original volume in May.

Crews have removed 25,000 truckloads of dirt and rock.

Today the sinkhole could hold more than 2.3 billion golf balls.

Surface Width: Originally 70 feet wide, now 200 feet wide.

Surface Length: Originally 100 feet long, now 170 feet long.

Depth: Originally 40 feet deep, now 100 feet deep.

"A treasure hunt is underway and we hope to one day discover a new natural wonder lying below,” said  team yancy , who has been overseeing the big dig. “It’s been an exciting few months here at Top of the Rock and we hope the best is yet to come.”

The major rumour is that there is an underground tunnel that reaches Scotland and apparently the loch ness monster swims back and forward depending on the high tides .

• craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2016 12:01 AM

The awful traffic of New York city has today shut down another famous golf course .

While driving to work this morning to open up the principal starter on the first tee box was involved in an automobile accident .

Mrs Beth Page commented - "Going to work at 7am this morning I drove out of my drive straight into a bus. The bus was 5 minutes early.." "I didn't think the speed limit applied after midnight" .

"I was thrown from the car as it left the road. I was later found in a ditch by some stray cows."

She went on - "I told the police that I was not injured, but on removing my hat found that I had a fractured skull." . "I thought my window was down, but I found it was up when I put my head through it." .

RSS