rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 19 2016 2:07 PM (22 replies)
  • ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Thu, Aug 18 2016 5:04 PM

TopShelf2010:

ct690911:
    but many of the old putters (classics?) are still available

Not intentionally hijacking the thread, but has anyone downgraded equipment and improved their game? More specifically putters?

Don

I have down graded balls to adjust to the exchange rate. My game hasn't really suffered when using Callys or Srixons vs the Nike. Some players convince themselves they cannot do without the most expensive balls. In the same sentence they ask for donations because they can't afford them...oi vey.

Unless you are a serious tournament player, there is no reason a person can't adjust to a cheaper ball. Time and practice. Still far better than the starters. 

ct

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Fri, Aug 19 2016 9:18 AM

TopShelf2010:

ct690911:
    but many of the old putters (classics?) are still available

Not intentionally hijacking the thread, but has anyone downgraded equipment and improved their game? More specifically putters?

Don

I have the OV 96 (and I've rented the Nike 94) but I 'went down' or just found better results, for my tastes, with my older Spider 92.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Aug 19 2016 2:07 PM

TopShelf2010:
    Thanks for the input my friend.

No worries Don, but a warning.....as with real golf, as soon as I lose confidence with one putter I change out to another (I have about 6 putters in real life)....and I am sure the same will happen on here,

I do like the 10 foot scale and the better Nikes do interest me, but I sort of dislike paying the inflated prices of the newer clubs.

RSS