Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Flash Game

rated by 0 users
Sat, Mar 19 2011 5:13 AM (2 replies)
  • seb30
    166 Posts
    Fri, Mar 18 2011 6:57 PM

I am just wondering if anyone knows why this so called flash game chews so much data....when i 1st started playing it i had 12gig /month and then it gets slowed...i broke that limit a couple of times so i upgraded to 25gig /month....I checked my usage on days that i only play this game and do nothing else and it shows i use anywhere from 1gig to 2gig a day, thats insane....i was under the impression that being a flash game it was light on usage but that is not the case. I have thought maybe all the advertising is contributing to this....Does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it....any insight is appreciated.....thankyou

scott

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Mar 18 2011 8:33 PM

Hi,

I think it has to do with high res photography. For example, 1 overhead view may be a photograph that's 5 megs in size. This is just an example of why it may be so.

-wgticon

• MioKontic
    4,594 Posts
    Sat, Mar 19 2011 5:13 AM

Icon - any chance of finding out the difference in page size (approximately) between the different Flash Quality Levels (Best, High, Medium, Low), might be useful for members to know.

Also, I was reading something on Wikipedia about browser games and it mentioned Java.  I was wondering whether WGT considered Java when first designing this game and what were the main factors in choosing Flash over Java?  Many of the online games I play use Java and I've not noticed many problems, even on older and lower spec computers than I have now.

RSS