Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Allowing for the break

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 24 2011 2:09 PM (1 replies)
  • flyingdagger
    2 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2011 11:31 AM

I'm new here so be gentle. I've been playing here for about a week and really struggling with the putting. I've got the distance sussed on standard greens thanks to the putting tips thread but struggle setting the bias for breaks. Is there a system for remembering how much to allow for the break when putting or is it just down to practice? I find putting the hardest part of the game and nearly always 2 putt or a lot worse even if i'm only 8 feet from the hole. I can read how the ball will act but it's judging the left or right setting thats killing me.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2011 2:09 PM

flyingdagger:

I'm new here so be gentle. I've been playing here for about a week and really struggling with the putting. I've got the distance sussed on standard greens thanks to the putting tips thread but struggle setting the bias for breaks. Is there a system for remembering how much to allow for the break when putting or is it just down to practice? I find putting the hardest part of the game and nearly always 2 putt or a lot worse even if i'm only 8 feet from the hole. I can read how the ball will act but it's judging the left or right setting thats killing me.

There are few tricks and such but nothing specific. Mostly practice, practice, practice

-wgticon

RSS