Forums

Help › Forums

Re: mywebface.com

rated by 0 users
Sun, Feb 20 2011 12:24 PM (5 replies)
  • drl1948
    17 Posts
    Sun, Feb 20 2011 11:03 AM

For over a week now, an ad for www.webface.com has been popping up, taking over the browser and interferring with play on wgt.  The ad does not provide a way to go back and the only way to get rid of it is to close the browser.  Luckily, the game I am playing gets saved so I can get back to it but when you are in a match game, like alternate shot, it is very interferring.   WGT is the only site I have had this problem.  I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem and if anyone has any suggestions as to how to eliminate this problem.  I wrote to WGT about this but they haven't bothered to respond.

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Sun, Feb 20 2011 11:14 AM

No 
    i have not had any problem and have never heard of   www.webface.com. You could have spy ware on your PC that is causing this. You might want to try something like Spybot Search and destroy to see if your PC is infected with spy ware or mal ware. Not sure just a thought. I will check out that site and see what it is. (Edit} just checked it out and it certainly looks like spy ware or ad ware as it is a site that points you to different face care products. So Spybot search and destroy might help you get rid of it.

• SiCk0
    205 Posts
    Sun, Feb 20 2011 11:15 AM

I use google chrome with that i run their add blocker haven't seen add's in over a month hope this helps you.

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Sun, Feb 20 2011 11:19 AM

It appears to be spyware/adware and ad blocker won't help with spyware/adware that is already imbedded into the browser.

• drl1948
    17 Posts
    Sun, Feb 20 2011 11:30 AM

Thanks for your replies.  I use Norton 360 for and it is supposed to get rid of spyware, etc.  I just ran it last night and am getting the ad again today.  WGT is the only site that I have this problem with this ad coming up.  I'll try the Spybot Search and see if that helps.

• 6packmike
    235 Posts
    Sun, Feb 20 2011 12:24 PM

I've had big problems with Norton before. It takes some searching but there is one link that will completely remove it from your pc. Unfortunately Norton will fight Spybot and slow down your pc to a crawl if you have my former problem.

RSS