Forums

Help › Forums

Re: 2 problems

Mon, Feb 21 2011 10:42 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MioKontic
    4,594 Posts
    Fri, Feb 18 2011 11:36 AM

Andyson - did you have a look at my tracert results?  Do you see anything out of the ordinary... except for the 'Request Timed Out'?  I think that's a red herring because there were 2 of those on the ImageShack tracert.

Any other ideas because this is now getting very frustrating as everyone seems to be using Tinypic to post images and I can't see them.  Also, I find it hard to believe I am the only one; maybe others just don't realise.

• NickN85
    193 Posts
    Fri, Feb 18 2011 11:44 AM

The traceroute results are going to have nothing to do with why the images are not showing up for you.. all thats going to tell you is whether or not you are actually connecting to the server and how quickly.. 

but i'll let you 2 computer "geniuses" figure this one out.... cause we all know im a moron when it comes to these things...

• MioKontic
    4,594 Posts
    Fri, Feb 18 2011 11:57 AM

I would sooner not know than you tell me.  And I'd be grateful if you would delete your unhelpful post.

Maybe you would go and control your wall instead.

• NickN85
    193 Posts
    Fri, Feb 18 2011 12:11 PM

I can tell you this much... it has nothing to do with WGT AT ALL... it is 100% something on your end.. i say this because once an image is linked on a forum.. no matter what forum site its on.. the site itself only calls up that url and puts whatever is on the otherside of that url on the page... the image is in no way stored on the WGT servers.. not even temporarily.. so its 100% a client-side problem... 

Have fun figuring out what it is though... cause I aint ganna tell ya.

• MioKontic
    4,594 Posts
    Sat, Feb 19 2011 5:18 AM

Well, I know the problem and why a lot of others ain't getting it (although I'm certain there must be a few who are).  Now to finding a solution.

• MioKontic
    4,594 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 10:42 AM

Woooohoooooo - I think I am able to see TInypic images again.  And if there is anyone else (in the UK) who was having the same problem, there's a good chance yours will be fixed too.

• PAGES
RSS