Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Fanatical golf

rated by 0 users
Sun, Feb 6 2011 12:15 PM (1 replies)
  • craigswan
    30,991 Posts
    Sun, Feb 6 2011 11:56 AM

Introduced a workmate to WGT two weeks ago .This guy is a golf fanatic and plays every sat and sun come rain ,sleet or snow .Now he tells me he plays on his blackberry while playing for real at st andrews .He scores better playing for real .

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Sun, Feb 6 2011 12:15 PM

That is a fanatic. I used to play every weekend in even in all the conditions you mentioned until the old body started to let me know that it couldn't take playing in 30 degree F weather with 40 mile an hour winds. 

8 or 9 of us from work play every Good Friday. But the first Good Friday that I played about 3 or 4 years ago was the worst that I have ever seen or played in. The course has about 4 or 5 lakes surrounding it and on it. And the wind even warm weather howls off those lakes. It was 35 or 40 degres F and the wind blowing off the lakes was around 35 to 40 miles an hour making the wind chill factor close to zero. We all almost froze. After that day I said i would never play golf in that kind of weather again. It took me 2 or 3 hours to warm-up enough to even feel my fingers and toes.

RSS